Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Director, Human Resources position. Reporting to the Associate Vice President, the Director of Human Resources provides leadership for HR policies and programs with an emphasis on the talent acquisition, performance management, and HRIS areas, while ensuring that the College is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, this position works closely with the AVP of Human Resources in managing employee relations; and developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR policies and programs to ensure maximum service delivery to internal and external stakeholders. The Director also serves as a resource to employees and supervisors concerning talent management and related systems and processes.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Requirements
• Bachelor's degree required.
• A minimum of six (6) years of related HR experience required.
• A minimum of three (3) years of HR management experience required.
• Strong leadership, customer-orientation and collaboration skills required.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple and changing priorities required.
• Knowledgeable of best practices within the human resources field required.
• Knowledgeable of applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations required.
• Strong problem resolution and communication skills required.
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using an HRIS system, such as Ellucian Banner, required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using MS Word and Excel required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Master's degree in Human Resources, organizational development, business or related field preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Previous HR management experience in unionized environment preferred.
• Previous HR experience in higher education preferred.