Position: Registration Representative - Clinic
Location: East Chicago, IN
Under the direction of the Network Manager and/or Office Supervisor, the Registration Representative will be responsible to greet and assist patients and visitors. Ascertains the patient's needs and directs them accordingly. Registers patients in accordance with established standards and policies. Performs all front office duties including performing check-in functions, verifying patient information is up-to-date and documented in the computer and chart, answering the telephones, scheduling patient appointments, entering physician charges daily, balancing the cash drawer daily, and collection of all self-pay monies, co-pays, and patients balances, etc.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a medical office setting preferred.
- Previous experience with EPIC electronic medical record system preferred.
- Proficiency with Windows based desktop application is required.
- PC keyboard data entry skills are required as well as the ability to type a minimum of 30-35 wpm.
- Basic knowledge of computers, office equipment, medical terminology, and health insurance/managed care plans is required.
- CPT/ICD-10 coding knowledge is preferred.
- Excellent attitude, interpersonal skills, and communication abilities are necessary to interact with patients, physicians, and other hospital staff.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment is required.