At Cohesic, we are changing how clinicians make and communicate cardiovascular diagnostic decisions through our Decision Intelligence (DI) platform. We are a passionate interdisciplinary team that believes advanced imaging workflows and reporting can be streamlined and standardized by combining data science, deep clinical knowledge, and elegant design. Our cardioDI and intakeDI products, built on top of the Cohesic DI platform, empower clinicians with actionable data so they can make more informed diagnostic and therapeutic decisions.
If you have a passion for improving healthcare delivery and an appetite for making personal impact by joining a growing company, we would love to have you join us!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The role of Product Owner spans business and technical worlds. As a Product Owner, you will work closely with our Product Teams to bring new product ideas to the point of technical feasibility. You will work with the Product Management team to ensure that the product ideas we choose to develop provide customer and business value. You will inhabit both worlds and will be key to our product development process.
Your main responsibility is to make sure that our Product Teams have the story details they need to keep working at a sustainable pace. You will work with Product Managers to break-down and prioritize stories during regular backlog grooming sessions. You will gather and document the details of high-priority stories in software requirements specifications, and work with Designers and Developers to make sure the details are clear and complete.
You will focus on business/clinical requirements, not technical solutions, that will allow us to efficiently deliver the value our customers want without compromising on quality.
Although you have core knowledge in business/clinical domains and technical skills, you will need help and will be responsible for reaching out to both internal and external subject matter experts who may not be regular members of your team. You will expand your knowledge into new clinical and business domains and will be supported in continually raising your skills as a Product Owner.
In your work, you will:
- Partner with Product Management on feature requirements gathering, andbreakdown of potential features into epics and stories
- Work with Product Management on backlog groomingand prioritization of stories
- Collaborate with Product Management and the Head of Engineering on release planning
- Collaborate on storyestimation and sprint planning with the Product Teams
- Iterate on story acceptance criteria with Product Teams and Product Management, as needed
- Collaborate on UI wireframes with Product Teams
- Gather feedback and refine stories by conducting demos of UI wireframes and in-progress features with stakeholders
- Perform business/clinical acceptance testingof stories
- Validatebugs reported by customers
- Write and maintain product version history documentation
- Meet with InternalStakeholders - Support, Professional Services, Sales & Marketing - to get and provide feedback
- Meet with External Stakeholders – Customers, clinical key opinion leaders, Subject Matter Experts - to get and provide feedback
Our Team Values
At Cohesic, we value: grit, the ability to persevere despite setbacks; respect, for our coworkers, our customers, and ourselves; continuous learning, the mentality that any experience, good or bad, is an opportunity for growth; empowerment, enabling and encouraging autonomy and self-organization with the power to make change; and trust, to know that everyone is working together towards a common goal.
Required Background and Expertise for Success in This Role
- 3-5 years as a Business Analyst or Product Owner in the software industry
- Fluency in English
- Have worked as a member of an Agile development team
- Experience working with project management software tools (Microsoft DevOps, Aha! are a plus)
- Experience creating or contributing to product and project documentation (e.g. sprint plans/schedule, development estimates, product training, and supporting materials)
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Engineering or Computer Science OR Bachelor’s degree in a field related to medical imaging, medical informatics, or cardiology (or equivalent education/experience)
With your superpowers, you can:
- Put yourself in the user’s shoes
- Define problems clearly
- Distinguish problems from solutions
- Find multiple solutions to most problems
- Are comfortable working in ambiguous situations, but know how to converge on potential solutions
- Express yourself clearly in writing
- Listen to and understand the positions of business, clinical, and technical stakeholders
- Break down solution concepts into small complete stories
- Hunt down details needed to get the functionality right
- Collaborate effectively in joint design sessions with developers and designers
- Detail functional requirements and define acceptance criteria
- Create models and diagrams of schema, solution structure, and data flow
- Troubleshoot technical problems
- Communicate clearly with multiple groups of stakeholders
- Use your high standards to assure the security, quality, and performance of our solutions
- Understand current technology
- Apply principles of good UX design
Additional Preferred Expertise
- 5-8 years as a Business Analyst or Product Owner in the software industry
- Experience communicating across multiple cultures
- Knowledge of industry standards: RESTful APIs, HL7/FHIR, and microservices architecture
- Familiarity or experience with the security, privacy, quality, and regulatory aspects of enterprise software in healthcare