At CoFi, we’re on a mission to vastly improve the patient payment experience for elective medical procedures.
Founded by a results-driven team of domain experts, backed by payments-focused Angels, and with key opinion leaders in the elective medical procedure space as early-stage investors, CoFi is solving well-articulated and high-impact, yet unaddressed, problems for premium medical practices.
If you have a curious mind, are passionate about solving problems, and interested in building cutting edge SaaS products in the payments space, and want to work for an early stage, rapidly growing company, we want to hear from you.
We’re hiring a Full Stack Software Engineer whose ideas and solutions will be instrumental in shaping the CoFi platform. This is a unique position with a broad scope: You will be responsible for all levels of the codebase, from data modeling and backend implementations, to building out feature rich client-side experiences, as well as dipping your toes in devops and infrastructure management. You will have opportunities to work on high impact projects that span many departments.
CoFi is a Seed-stage company and this is very much a hands-on role on a very small team. The ideal candidate should have an interest in evolving into a player-coach as the team expands.
We are sitting at the exciting intersection of paytech and healthtech. We have a big vision, are in a large market, are first to market, and have terrific backers. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to play an important role in the company’s trajectory.
- Understand and participate in the various project development stages from inception to release
- Work daily in an Agile environment with other engineers, product owners, and stakeholders
- Produce clean, readable, structured code that is easily maintainable and provides desired functionality, and that adheres to fundamental principles of Software Design
- Communicate project progress effectively to both technical and non-technical peers and Management
- Contribute in a constructive manner to Peer Reviews and Paired-Programing projects
- Produce technical Software Design documentation for projects, clearly setting out options and providing justification and proposed solutions.
- Ability to work as part of a team to come to a common solution for challenges presented
- Perform testing/debugging of software applications
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering or related field
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong in best practices of software engineering, architecture, infrastructure, database design
- Proficiency with Ruby on Rails or similar language/framework
- Proficiency in API design, REST
- Strong 12-factor design principles a plus
- Proficiency with fundamental front end languages
- Proficiency with Prostgres or similar relational database
- Proficiency writing unit and integration tests for code produced
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where projects and tasks can change rapidly
- Strong communication skills (proactively communicate plans, delays, concerns, and successes to the team; ask questions; constructively raise issues)
- A positive orientation toward work and task execution; an athlete’s belief in teams and winning together; a friendly disposition
- Competitive salary
- Early-stage stock options
- Healthcare reimbursement policy
- 401(k) matching program
- Flexible time off policy
- Remote position
Equal Opportunity Statement
CoFi values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. CoFi considers qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. Please reference https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster for more information.
CoFi is an innovative SaaS company providing a multi-party payment platform for elective medical procedures. Our software enables surgeons and surgical facilities to offer a premium payment experience to their premium patients. CoFi has seen growing market adoption in its initial target market of ophthalmology, where the platform delivers critical payment compliance and work-flow advantages to surgeons, co-managing optometrists, and ambulatory surgery centers for premium cataract and LASIK procedures. Learn more at https://www.cofimd.com.