The Receptionist/HR Assistant primary responsibility will be to greet visitors, answer incoming phone call, and perform administrative support to the Human Resources department. This role is responsible for representing the company, providing top-notch customer service, enforcing security protocols and maintaining confidentiality of employee data business information.
• Answer and distribute incoming telephone calls on a multi-line PBX system.
• Sort and distribute daily mail, federal express, United Parcel Service, other incoming mail or packages.
• Greet visitors in the lobby, sign visitors in the building, create badges for the visitors, and call the appropriate person to receive the visitors.
• Follow and enforce security protocols for visitor, vendors and customers
• Provide temporary access badges to current employees
• Assist with New Employee Orientation
o Take new employee photos
o Create security access badges
o Monarch entry
o Electronic filing of new hire paperwork
• Assist with coordination of HR projects, job fairs, employee events, etc.
• Prepare reports, memos, letters and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software
• Compile employee voluntary deduction forms and generate payroll import sheets
• Fax, scan, and email benefits related documents, inter-location information, and other documentation as needed
• Organize programs, events, and meetings
o Schedule and communicate weekly food trucks and gather feedback from employees
o Coordinate wellness activities by communicating to employees, organizing events, and providing information to employees
o Assist with organizing and coordinating employee appreciation events
• Maintain various database and spreadsheet files
o Employee badge photo directory
o Monarch employee directory
o Access badge system
• Assist with department purchase order for supplies
• Sell employees discounted ticket for Regal Cinemas and Biltmore Estate
• Assist the Human Resources Manager in projects as needed
• Maintain confidentiality of all corporate and personnel matters
• Perform these and other duties as assigned appropriate management personnel.
• Problem solving – the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully and maintain confidentiality.
• Interpersonal skills – the ability to remain open to other’s ideas and exhibits willingness to accept new changes or try new things.
• Oral communication – the ability to speak clearly and effectively and demonstrate group presentation skills.
• Written communication – the ability to communicate in writing professionally, clearly and concisely.
• Accuracy – the ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly and monitor own work to ensure quality.
• Accountability – the ability to accept responsibility and account for his/ her actions.
• Reliability – the ability to be dependable and trustworthy.
• Time Management – the ability to prioritize and utilize the time available to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Working under pressure – the ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Associates degree in Human Resources or Business Administration is preferred
• Proficient with of MS Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
• One to three years related Receptionist or customer service experience
• One to two years related HR experience preferred
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organization skills and the ability to pay attention to detail