To drive innovation through our leading manufacturing ecosystem.
To create software and services that solve the world's manufacturing challenges.
In the Beginning
Founded in 1983, CNC Software is one of the oldest companies in the PC-based CAD/CAM industry. The company was built on the concept of providing an inexpensive PC-based CAM system at a time when most other systems were expensive CAD-oriented products. CNC Software was one of the first companies to introduce CAD/CAM software designed for both the machinist and the engineer, providing a practical solution to both markets. While the original version of Mastercam focused on two-dimensional (2D) CAM, it was also one of the first micro-based CAM packages to include CAD capabilities. With Mastercam, the engineer could construct his or her own parts quickly and easily as well as machine them, for an affordable price.
CNC Software Today
Today, the CNC Software, Inc. corporate headquarters and training facility is in a company-owned 53,000 sq. ft. environmentally friendly headquarters located in Tolland, Connecticut. In addition to the 90+ employees located at our corporate facility, the company has another 100+ employees who work remotely for the Company across three continents.
The real backbone of the Mastercam community is our global reseller network, with over 285,000 installations, Mastercam is the #1 CAD/CAM software in the world. Some of these experts have been with CNC Software since the very beginning. They've helped build shops from the ground up, and have developed a true "partnership" with our customers, offering advice, strategy, and experience to Mastercam users around the world.
Strengths and Stability
As an industry leader for almost 40 years, CNC Software prides itself on meeting the demanding needs of its customers by providing excellent products at affordable prices. We adhere to our strategy of combining superior software programming with practical shop floor experience. We have remained at the forefront of CAD/CAM technology by listening to our customers' needs, being accessible, and most of all, being dedicated to our customers.
Broad Market Reach with an Eye to the Future
Mastercam offers solutions for designers and NC programmers in a spectrum of industries, including milling, turning, wire EDM, router programming, plasma cutting, lasers, and 3D design and drafting. CNC Software's customers range from one-person job shops to Fortune 100 manufacturers. The same software that is utilized by corporations such as Boeing, IBM, and Sikorsky is still affordable enough for the small job shop. To ensure a new generation of trained metal and woodworking personnel, Mastercam is available to educational institutions at sizable discounts.
As CNC Software, Inc. and its flagship Mastercam continue to grow and expand into new markets and technology, our focus remains on our customers. We are committed to delivering tools that support the higher productivity and greater precision demanded by today's, and tomorrow's, manufacturing.
Visit us on the web at www.mastercam.com
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Mastercam
Follow us on Twitter at @Mastercam
CNC Software is looking for a Software Engineer to join our machine systems team. This team is responsible for providing a flexible foundation to define different machines and controls for CNC machines, and to handle post processing for the toolpath data.
As a member of our machine systems team, you will be responsible for taking ownership of user stories and defects prioritized by the team’s Product Owner. You will participate in planning meetings related to your areas of expertise. You will work with your team to correctly size and accurately detail stories and defects. You will use modern development practices to tackle complex projects in large codebases.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a strong understanding of software engineering best practices, including design patterns and the SOLID and DRY principles. You will need to be comfortable diving into a large, legacy codebase and making changes to streamline, improve, and to add on existing processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and test software to resolve defects and implement user stories
- Propose and implement designs for large-scale projects within the scrum team
- Coordinate with other developers to ensure the success of large-scale team projects
- Communicate project status regularly with all necessary stakeholders
- Assist in writing, sizing, and breaking down user stories and defects
- Conduct peer reviews
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes for software development
Who You Are:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering or equivalent experience
- You have 6-9 years’ experience in developing commercial applications in C++; C# experience a plus
- You have experience with agile software development & strong understanding of object-oriented development
- You have previous experience developing for Microsoft Windows using Visual Studio
- You have experience with standard software development practices such as source control, peer reviews & unit testing
- You have a strong ability to design and implement large-scale software projects
It’s a Plus If:
- You have experience in software development with CAM software, especially with post processing
- You’re familiar with parsing engines or interpreters
- You have experience with CNC machining, especially dealing with NC code and machine environments
- You have knowledge of kinematics and 3D transformations
- You are familiar with design patterns and the C++ standard library
- You have experience writing multithreaded applications
CNC Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Employer.