CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping & logistics group.
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers' expectations.
Present in over 160 countries through 755 offices, 750 warehouses, equipped with a young and diverse fleet of 511 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world's 521 commercial ports and operates on more then 200 shipping lines. The group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including nearly 2,400 in Marseille, in its headquarters in Marseilles.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
This position will be responsible to:
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Assesses and anticipates HR related needs; Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Works with management to define department recruitment strategy, as well as job roles and staffing needs, including preparing and revising Position Description Questionnaires; coordinating the Requisition process; working with the Talent Acquisition Team to source candidates; advising in the recruitment, interview, & selection process for new hires and internal promotions; advising regarding job offer terms and conditions; evaluating internal candidates for transfer and promotion; and implementing onboarding and intra-departmental training to help ensure success for new hires and internal transfers/promotions.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input talent acquisition, talent development, talent retention, talent engagement, training, business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual management development needs. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Miscellaneous related duties or Projects as assigned.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5+ years working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking.
- Working knowledge of recruiting, performance management, coaching, and associate development.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Preferred:
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or (SHRM-SCP); or HRCI PHR/SPHR credential
Come along on CMA CGM’s adventure !
CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classification.