A bit about us
At CLARK we believe that the significant things in life should be simple. With this vision in mind, we have set out to create an application which makes it easier, simpler, and faster for consumers to manage their insurances - all in one central place where changes can be done with just a few clicks. Our secret sauce is to combine a best-in-industry user experience with honest and independent advice from insurance experts.
Since our founding in 2015, we have served over 300,000 satisfied customers. We are extremely proud of more than 250 employees from over 40 nations, working from our offices in Berlin, Frankfurt, Vienna and Püttlingen. We were recognized by the German tech magazine Gründerszene as the fastest growing technology company in Germany for 2019. We want your help to get us to the next level.
What is this about?
We are looking for an experienced professional to lead the engineering and technology part of our organisation, directly reporting to the CPTO
- Functioning as an integral part of our leadership team you develop a clear technology vision for our product and co-shape the strategy, positioning and leadership culture of the organisation.
- Creating a healthy culture of collaboration and inclusion through leading by example in line with the engineering and company values where people can fulfill their potential and bring value to our customers.
- Developing and overseeing the engineering capabilities, including technical strategy, architectural evolution, information security, cloud operations and office it, so we become the largest insurance broker in Europe.
- Advocating and advancing state of the art agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and collaboration practices.
- Providing expert mentorship and exemplary behaviour for your teams and direct reports in order to drive engineering quality and excellence while also building up a vibrant and productive engineering culture
- Applying pragmatic solutions, find the right tradeoffs and reduce complexity to help teams deliver and increase impact on our customers
- Financial planning and management
What you have:
- 10+ years of tech people management experience, and 5 years working as an engineering manager or an engineer
- Demonstrated capability to inspire and motivate engineering teams
- 10+ years of software and product development experience across various domains
- Understanding of modern software architecture
- Customer and quality focus with a bias for action
- Strong business acumen and high work ethics with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Very strong English communication skills. German skills would be a great plus
- Background in B2C and financial industry would perfectly round off your profile
Everyone offers perks like free coffee, free drinks, flat hierarchies. We offer you all that but more in the shape of:
- A multicultural environment with international colleagues.
- Subsidised job ticket and a company pension.
- A lot of freedom: You want to pursue further education? An MBA was always a dream of yours? We offer you support for your education while working with us.
- Support for relocation - and we don't mean only a work permit. The process of getting you here and the costs associated with it are all supported.
- Fear of not speaking the language? We offer beginner and advanced German and English classes in house.
- Want to inspire and share knowledge? We have you covered with our weekly Tech Brown Bag speech.
- And last but not least: Sure, we know how to celebrate success! We offer you quarterly company events, monthly team lunch & breakfast as well as our weekly Friday get together.
Sounds exciting? We agree, and we cannot wait to have your application!
CLARK is an equal opportunity employer.
We're all about equal opportunity and committed to inclusion across gender, age, race, religion, identity and experience!