CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at [ Link Removed ] .
- Lead deal team to evaluate new transactions, pre-screen transactions, conduct due diligence, prepare credit approval memos on transactions that are green-lighted in the pre-screen process, pitch transactions to credit committee in order to obtain credit approval, negotiate and review legal documentation as needed, and participate in deal closing.
- Analyze financial statements and capital structures, conduct business/industry/competitor analysis to identify transaction risks and mitigates; recommend transaction structures appropriate to the opportunity; provide a yes/no recommendation on the transaction based on due diligence.
- Manage assigned portfolio accounts - monitor performance and covenant compliance, prepare trend cards and periodic/annual reviews, process amendments and waiver requests in a timely manner to meet customer expectations, provide performance updates to managers, identify and act on warning signals, participate in portfolio reviews as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with CIT policies, procedures, and underwriting standards.
- Interface with other parts of the EF business, such as Asset Management, Legal, Operations, Insurance, Environmental, as well as other departments such as Capital Markets, Corporate Risk Management, Compliance, Problem Loan Management, Loan & Risk Review, and Internal Audit.
- Interface with customers (including brokers and intermediaries), as needed, to complete diligence process, as well as to assist the relationship management efforts of the Originators.
- Mentor and train junior resources (Analysts, Associates, AVPs) for the business.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in finance or accounting preferred. MBA/CFA a plus.
- Experience of Equipment Financing deals, equipment collateral, lease products and leasing structures, is required.
- 5+ years of experience as a senior underwriter in the commercial lending industry with direct experience of leading the underwriting and execution effort on large equipment and/or senior debt transactions.
- Must have a solid understanding of financial statements and capital structures, modeling & strong analytical skills with an ability to question assumptions.
- Experience with structuring transactions, leading deal teams, and negotiating documentation.
CIT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is CIT's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to their race or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, immigration status, age, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression or transgender (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, creed, marital status, family status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or predisposition or carrier status (including testing and characteristics), status as a victim of domestic violence, actual or perceived status as a caregiver, military status and service, protected veteran status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, record of disability, medical condition, AIDS and HIV status, or any other protected characteristic established by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
[ Link Removed ]
[ Link Removed ]
[ Link Removed ]