Since Ron Glozman founded Chisel AI in 2016 ( [ Link Removed ] ) we've evolved to be the machine learning leader in the insurance industry. Our software reads insurance forms and extracts key policy data hundreds of times faster than a human. Our advanced AI platform and intelligent workflows automate high volume, repetitive manual underwriting and brokering processes, enabling insurance carriers and brokers to double their business, reduce operating costs, and deliver a better digital customer experience without adding staff. Our customers include some of the world's largest commercial lines insurance carriers and brokers.
As a key member of our growing Marketing team, you will seek new business opportunities by contacting and cultivating relationships with industry-leading brokers and carriers. We’re looking for a highly driven Business Development Representative (BDR) with ‘start-up energy’ and a track record of successfully generating new business opportunities.
You may currently be a BDR looking for a new challenge with a growing company and an emerging technology; or you may be an insurance professional who wants to leverage his/her/their experience to help re-shape the future of the industry on the technology side. You may have recognized the many areas for improvement within core insurance processes and have a passion to explore how emerging technologies can automate these inefficient processes and enhance this key industry. Either way, this is your opportunity to leverage your skills and experience in a career you previously did not imagine.
Our new Business Development Representative will:
- Fuel our growth. You will utilize your strong business acumen and communication skills to effectively represent our brand as you initiate first contact with inbound inquiries, make outbound calls to targeted accounts, and proactively engage with potential customers to drive new qualified leads and meetings for our Sales team. Ultimately you will boost business development opportunities and contribute to our long-term business growth.
- Nurture. You will nurture relationships with prospective customers, respond to their inquiries, showcase our products, and keep well-documented, systematic correspondences in our CRM system that enable our entire team to close new business.
- Collaborate. You will work very closely with our Marketing, Customer Success, Product Development, and Sales teams to understand the capabilities of our solutions, so that you can clearly articulate and deliver our value proposition to help our enterprise-level customers understand the maximum value of our technology.
Our new Business Development Representative has:
- Experience. You have 2 to 3 years of business development and lead generation experience in a high-growth, enterprise B2B SaaS technology company. OR, you may have 2 to 3 years as a Business Development Lead with a commercial broker or carrier and understand first-hand the pain points our technology solves.
- Ability to ‘walk-the-talk’. You are well-versed in insurance terminology and are able to understand and relate to the pain points of our customers. Ideally, you are someone who understands the insurance placement cycle from quote to bind. If not, then you have the ability to learn this very quickly.
- Education. You probably hold a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or relevant field. We do, however, recognize that not everyone gains their skills this way. If you don’t have a bachelor’s degree but can demonstrate the skills and experience to match, we’d still like to see your profile.
- Excellent communication skills. You are able to call, engage, and connect with potential customers and individuals at all levels in a professional manner. At the same time, you’re a great listener who lets others voice their opinions and you take everyone’s perspectives into account.
- Energy and Drive. You are someone who takes initiative and drives tasks forward with an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor while being persuasive and goal-oriented, even in our currently remote/safety-first environment.
What do you need to know about Chisel AI?
We are technology enthusiasts and experts pushing the limits on how AI will shape the future of insurance. Having successfully raised one of the largest seed rounds in Canadian history and with partners like Venrock, a leading Silicon Valley venture firm, by our side very little stands in the way of our success.
Chisel AI was named a Digital Disruptor to Watch in 2021 by NEXT Canada, name to the 2020 INSURTECH100 list of the world's most innovative insurtech companies, won Gold at the 2019 Zurich Innovation World Championship and made the CIX Top 20 Early Companies list celebrating the most innovative technology companies in Canada.
Venture backed and well-funded, Chisel AI has been named as an 'Analytics Arms Dealer' by Novarica, an IDC Innovator for Insurance Sales Automation Solutions, featured in CB Insights research on Insurtech Startups Modernizing the P&C Value Chain, and included in the recent Strategy Meets Action (SMA) report, “The Top 50 InsurTechs in P&C.”
Why join Chisel AI?
We’re a company with heavy traction, big clients, and a plan to expand rapidly. We’ve assembled a strong and diverse leadership team and are poised to scale and develop talented people of all levels. This is a place where failures turn into opportunities, where we learn from each other and where everyone’s voice is heard. We’re at a unique and rare stage of growth that will give our team and those who join us a chance to put their mark on everything we build.
What you can expect when you apply to Chisel AI
We know that diversity and belonging makes for the best problem solving and creative thinking. Chisel AI is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We want to know what motivates you and we don’t believe that everyone follows the same career path. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team and encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.
Due to COVID-19 please expect changes to our standard recruitment process. In all instances, the safety of our team and our candidates is of our utmost concern so we will be conducting interviews virtually and online. We will keep you informed on these changes and ensure that you are prepared in advance with the necessary instructions to conduct the next steps in the recruitment process.
Will include a commission + bonus structure