Chicago Electric is seeking a Production and Project Manager to join our team in Chicago, Illinois.
Chicago Electric, founded in 1910, is a leader in the application of technology for industry. We are a world class Systems Integrator with an emphasis on Drives, PLC???s, Motion Control, Vision and Robotics. Our services include design, engineering, panel assembly, programming, testing, mechanical fabrication, installation, startup, and field service.
As a Production and Project Manager with Chicago Electric, you will ensure manufacturing of products according to schedule ship dates and at the highest quality. This requires the Production Manager to effectively interact and coordinate activities with other departments within the company including but not limited to: Engineering, Purchasing, Sales, as well as with customers. The Production Manager will direct the work of others also participate in the manufacturing of products. The production manager will also act as the head of Project Management, ensuring projects are managed according to company standards, and built, delivered, and installed on time and on budget.
- Consult on projects prior to booking. Verify accuracy of quote for labor and materials costing
- Verify ability to complete production within quoted schedule
- Coordinate with Engineering that orders, prints match prior to release to Production for build
- Pull work orders from database and gather needed parts from stock
- Create plan or build out of equipment or systems.
- Coordinate and approve Purchasing of any parts not in stock
- Manage and Coordinate build group of electrical and mechanical builders
- Provide mentoring, set priorities, design direction, peer review, and performance reviews for the production teams
- Coordinate with suppliers and vendors to insure best pricing.
- Actively participate in building of project, as well as direct others as required in production
- Participate in daily production meetings to verify status, pending workflows and resolve any barriers identified in meeting ship date and/or other production issues identified
- Monitor labor and other expenses during production to ensure project is on time and in budget
- Test product after completion
- Prepare project for shipping, coordinate with shipping to schedule transport.
- Maintain data base related to job.
- Current production best practices
- Additional duties as required by manager
- Track and manage project from beginning to SAT
- Ensure project schedule is maintained
- Coordinate communication/meetings with sales, production, and customers.
- Maintain costing, and track plus/minus
- Ensure timelines are met and if delayed, find ways to get back on track
The ideal candidate for this position will possess effective leadership abilities and be customer satisfaction focused.
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree
- 5+ Years??? experience in a production environment, Robotic system build preferred.
- 5+ Years??? Supervisory experience
- Ability to think creatively & quickly identify key issues and develop solutions
- Technical skills ??? Expertise in??? AutoCAD, Microsoft Project or similar.
- HMI, VFD???s, Servos/Motion, and Robotics
- Computer skills ??? Office365
Salary is competitive and is based on experience, with a competitive benefits package, and paid overtime.