The Armed Security Officer (ASO) meets the local, state, and federal requirements to perform duties as an armed officer. The primary duties of the ASO may include but are not limited to: first response to emergencies; enforcing federal law and assimilated state law; conducting mobile patrols, inspections and searches; conducting traffic enforcement and traffic investigations; initiating detention and transporting persons; perform protective service work such as guarding US Secret Service (USSS) owned or leased buildings and property; protecting USSS equipment and material; controlling access to USSS installations by employees, visitors, and residents; and other duties as assigned. The ASO is armed with a side arm, shotgun, or other weapons as required.
- Required to follow all company personnel and safety policies, and perform all assigned duties in a safe work manner.
- Will arrive at work in proper uniform and carrying needed, issued equipment.
- Will be required to exercise force up to and including deadly force.
- Will participate in Guard Mount, receive assigned post, and copy any extra instructions.
- Will carry out general and special orders for post assigned.
- Will communicate via radio, telephone and orally according to orders.
- Required to interact and escort as required with public and government personnel.
- Will provide access control, traffic control and conduct walking and motorized armed security functions.
- Will be responsible for cleanliness of uniform and equipment assigned.
- Will follow applicable standard operating procedures and FLETC regulations pertaining to security of weapons, buildings, personnel, USSS property and equipment.
- Will conduct personnel, vehicular, building, & facility checks and package & parcel inspections.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays if needed.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a full time employee of a civilian law enforcement agency, military police, or government or civilian security guard organization or
- Must be previously fully commissioned by an accredited law enforcement agency or possess a Diploma or Certificate as a graduate of a Federal, State, local or military service approved/recognized basic law enforcement or a physical security academy.
- Minimum of one (1) year of specialized experience directly related to the work performed in physical security or law enforcement.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must obtain and maintain a favorable Tier 4a/Background Investigation (BI) and favorable SF85P: Questionnaire for Public Trust.
- Must satisfactorily qualify with a 9 mm semi-auto pistol handgun annually.
- Must satisfactorily complete a contract required semi-annual Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB) test.
- Must complete and successfully pass the FLETC Active Shooter Threat Training Program (ASTTP).
- Must satisfactorily pass initial and random drug testing.
- Must satisfactorily pass initial psychological testing.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire, including a background check to determine if applicant has been convicted of “Crimes Against Household Member” or any “Domestic Violence Act,” and who would be in violation of Federal Law, State Law or the Lautenberg Amendment, and therefore shall not be eligible for employment. Must satisfactorily pass initial psychological testing.