ChESS is seeking a IT Strategic Planning Consultant to provide support to implement the Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA). In response to FITARA our client has made several changes to their Agency acquisition policy and processes and as a result, the CIO now has broadened responsibilities in the areas of IT planning, budgeting, and acquisition. This role has significant visibility and responsibility within the agency.
- Developing and communicating the Technology Business Management (TBM) taxonomy across the organization;
- Communicating and collecting data related to cost savings and avoidance for IT projects across the organization, contributing to the quarterly Integrated Data Collection (IDC) report to OMB;
- Coordinating the IT acquisition reviews with various groups within the CIO organization;
- Assisting with the implementation of Portfolio Management principles within the CIO organization;
- Interacting with external stakeholders requesting the IT acquisition reviews to ensure effective communication and customer satisfaction;
- Interacting with external organizational units to collect IT budget and spending information on an annual basis in support of the agency budget submission;
- Documenting and improving the IT portfolio review process and guidance;
- Contributing to other areas of the FITARA implementation including IT budget review, IT policy improvement, IT-program collaboration, communication, etc.;
- Recommending, developing and maintaining tools to support accurate data collection related to IT investments;
- Supporting FITARA audit findings, along with solutioning to resolve gaps and improve scores.
- Other duties as assigned
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Mathematics, IT, or another relevant discipline
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role supporting a federal agency required. Master’s degree preferred.
- PMP preferred.
- Secret Clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Planning and organizational skills;
- Working knowledge of the TBM implementation across Government;
- Working knowledge of the FITARA scorecard and audit methods;
- Strong understanding of the Federal budget process and agency financial management;
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.