The Systems Administrator will have primary responsibility of providing Regional System Administration support from Mt. Weather in Bluemont, VA. The Systems Administrator will work closely with both on-site and remote users to coordinate site visits and upgrades, provide on-site and remote resolution support for trouble calls, and provide TIER 2/3 support of production systems.
- Engage in systems administration of desktop systems, connected to local and wide area networks.
- Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware/software problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Installs/loads operating system and application software
- Isolate, resolve, and follow up with end clients for any hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof.
- Diagnose, maintain integrity of and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of customer systems.
- Execution of on-site, on the floor, technical and system administration support
- Support requirements for managing installation, configuration and maintenance of Enterprise workstations, network attached storage devices, and stored data in support of business processing requirements.
- Perform software installations and upgrades to Enterprise operating systems and layered software packages, maintaining them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements; evaluation and installation of software/hardware patches and resolution of software related problems associated with COTS/GOTS products
- Assist with achieving optimum performance and availability standards through implementing appropriate technical solutions.
- Attend meetings weekly and provide weekly status reports.
- Resolve a wide range of system issues, troubleshooting software, hardware, diagnosis of network issues, and addressing trouble tickets and service tasks across all tiered levels.
- Attend Authorized Outage, Firewall Change Request, and Root Cause Analysis Boards as required
- Conduct routine and emergency maintenance of assigned data center equipment.
- Communicate/coordinate scheduled preventive maintenance windows with potentially impacted customers
- Collaborate and contribute to the development, administration, and testing of backup and recovery plans
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation
- Ensure systems are secure to STIG guidelines by utilizing tools such as Retina and HBSS
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Verify system availability with existing Enterprise tools.
- Must be able to manage own schedule, working autonomously and in groups
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of relevant experience OR
- Associate degree and 8+ years of related experience OR
- 10+ years of relevant experience with a high school diploma
- Years of relevant work experience includes:
- UNIX, Windows, and/or Storage administration
- Experience working with trouble reporting and tracking systems such as Remedy/Service Plus
- Experience supporting the IC/DOD
- Experience in the imagery and geospatial intelligence domain a plus
- Must have a valid US passport
- TS/SCI required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to pass a CI polygraph.
- Ability to obtain a CompTIA Security+ or DoD 8570 Level II equivalent within 90 days of hire
- Ability to deploy in-theater for up to 6 months as needed
- Ability to create and modify scripts in multiple disciplines on Windows, Linux, and Solaris systems
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities is required
- Ability to respond to after hour calls and provide on-call support
- Must possess strong problem solving, and fault isolation skill sets
- Knowledge of the customer’s processes and procedures
- Knowledge of the customer’s production systems is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to function as a team member and independently
- Ability to travel 30 - 75% to client sites as well as external locations and CONUS and OCONUS as needed
- General knowledge of, windows administration, computer systems hardware, network administration and some network configuration management skills
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.