JOB SUMMARY: Primary function is to ensure that purchased and manufactured hardware conforms to all CED and Customer specification requirements and to insure that only the highest quality product leaves the facility. Qualified candidate will be required to enforce the quality control parameters that CED has contracted for with our customers where and when necessary. You will work on very cool parts that are used in aerospace and space initiatives.
Looking for a Snr. Quality Inspector on 1st shift and Quality Inspector on 2nd shift.
2nd shift runs 4:00 pm -12:30am with OT until 3:00 am. T here is a generous shift differential.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receiving inspection of incoming product
- Inspect aerospace parts or parts that have used very tight tolerancing
- Use of and understand Math related to GD&T (Geometrical design and tolerancing)
- U se of measuring and hand tools
- Maintaining all files and paperwork in receiving inspection.
- If not conforming to any part of above, cause and corrective actions to be taken to insure the highest quality.
- Material Review Board (MRB) actions.
To perform job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Permanent resident of the United States (ITAR restrictions).
- Must be eligible to possess explosive under the Safe Explosives Act of 2003 (as amended) as required by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) for all employees of Chemring Energetic Devices. This is done by passed ATF background check and drug screening.
- Complete understanding of first article and GD&T.
- Knowledge of quality process, inspection, equipment and specifications.
- The ability to calibrate and use, calipers, micrometers, and other standard measuring equipment.
- A complete working knowledge of inspection equipment and the ability to properly operate this equipment.
- The ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, specifications, and any other related or applicable instructions (verbal or written).
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will" relationship.
Quality control inspector