The development department is divided into three teams: Infrastructure, DevOps and Product. If you want to read more about our development adventures, check out our tech blog: https://tech.channable.com/. You can also take a look at some of our open-source work at https://github.com/channable to get a feeling of how we work together and what our code looks like.
You will be part of the product team, we are looking for someone who:
- Has an ability to think about requirements from customers or our own teams and finding solutions that have the most impact
- Can convert requirements into fully-fledged product features
- Collaborates with team members and improves the team as a whole
- Has an interest in applying new technologies and practices to a large existing frontend-end codebase
- Good experience with web development, web technologies and APIs
- Has a high bar for quality of code and user experience
In more technical terms you’ll be working on:
- Converting parts of our main application from Ember.js to new and improved React (with TypeScript, styled system and tests)
- Building new features for our 6000+ customers in our main application in React
- Our new website that is built in React and Next.js
By using the following:
- Languages: TypeScript, JSX
- Libraries: React, React Query, Stitches, Jest
- Tools: Node, Yarn
- Available for at least 4 days a week, preferably full-time
- Preferably citizenship or a work permit, or already living in The Netherlands
What do we offer?
- Salary of 3000 - 6800 euros per month based on your experience
- Career structure with clearly defined levels and steps
- An informal atmosphere within our international, young, talented, and ambitious team
- Great personal development possibilities
- A spot in our - brand new - beautiful office in the heart of Utrecht, where lunch and much more is catered daily
- Great working conditions: hackathons, a PlayStation to fight afternoon dips, and Channable sports groups. Finish the week with well-deserved drinks with your colleagues at our own Channabar!
Do you want to see more of Channable and your future colleagues? Check out our social media channels like Instagram, Linkedin and our page about Channable's culture.