ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : [ Link Removed ]
JOB SUMMARY: Works as a part of a team providing group and rehabilitation counseling and service coordination to promote recovery of consumers
- Group counseling: plan, structure, facilitate and maintains focus in groups; monitors group attendance and progress; identifies and obtains materials/supplies; identifies and accesses community resources to support group activities
- Supportive and Rehabilitation counseling: helps consumers articulate their experiences; supports consumer strengths and resources – affirming, reality-testing, contact with experience, judgment, and connection with family, friends and community resources. Helps consumer develop realistic service plan and collaborates to achieve measurable objectives.
- Service coordination: Involves/engages family and significant others in the recovery process and assists them in understanding the consumer’s illness – coping with it and managing its effects. Consults with other service providers and documents their participation. Advocates on behalf of consumer and helps them do the same for themselves.
- Documentation: Provides weekly documentation of progress, as regulated by DMHS, including daily rating scale, psychosocial assessment, individual recovery plan (details of timing provided by supervisor).
- Participates in Quality Improvement and evaluation of program effectiveness
Treatment is to be consistent with evidence-based practices.
Counselor to assist consumers in the development of those practical skills necessary to achieve trauma recovery and empowerment. Experience in trauma-informed care is preferred.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS: noneJob Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in human behavioral science, such as social work, psychology, sociology, guidance and counseling or child development. Related experience preferred.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED: Driver’s license.