We are currently seeking a PRN Pharmacist for our Cartersville CTC facility. Hours vary.
Cartersville CTC, a member of Acadia Healthcare's Comprehensive Treatment Centers, is a part of the leader in medication assisted treatment for individuals struggling with an opioid addiction. With full-circle care that includes a blend of therapies and the use of safe and effective medications, we are prepared to treat the entire problem, not just a piece of it.
The Pharmacist is responsible for the accountability of prescription medications to patients and maintenance of accurate records; provides expertise in the safe use of prescription medications in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Fills prescriptions, verifies instructions from physicians on the proper amounts of medication to give to patients;
- Checks whether prescriptions will interact negatively with other drugs that a patient is taking or any medical conditions the patient has;
- Instructs patients on how and when to take a prescribed medicine and informs them about potential side effects they may experience from taking the medicine;
- Advises patients about general health topics, such as diet, exercise, managing stress, and on other issues, such as what equipment or supplies would be best to treat a health problem;
- Teaches other healthcare practitioners about proper medication therapies for patients;
- Completes insurance forms and work with insurance companies to ensure that patients get the medicines they need;
- May oversee the work of pharmacy technicians and/or pharmacists in training (interns)
- Keeps required federal, state, local or corporate records, and does other administrative tasks necessary for the professional practice of pharmacy in a clinic; and,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Your Skills and Qualifications as a Substance Abuse Counselor:
- Doctorate degree in pharmacy from an accredited college or university
- Prefer previous experience in behavioral health or substance abuse treatment
- No history of alcohol or drug misuse for a period of three years before employment.
- Must have a current Consultant Pharmacist License in the state of GA.