Carolina House, an established and evidence-based eating disorders treatment facility with multiple levels of care and all gender inclusive patients is seeking a part-time nurse. Carolina House proudly serves gender inclusive patients, age 17 and older, who are struggling with eating disorders and other co-occurring concerns. We provide programming at three locations, with two residential treatment centers set in rural Durham, North Carolina, and a community-based day treatment and intensive outpatient center in Raleigh, North Carolina. Essential functions include:
- Provide and coordinate care by assessing physical and behavioral health needs of patient
- Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice
- Ensure patient's status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information gathered is documented.
- Nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note and document accurate count of controlled substance medication
- Responsible for completing admission and discharge processed efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining professional boundaries, being respectful to personal space, giving patient direct attention and maintaining rational detachment
This position requires a thorough understanding of the facility’s treatment program and philosophy, providing professional nursing care to patients. Participates in the implementation and evaluation of patient care. Ensures the health, comfort and safety of patients. Psych nursing and familiar with behavioral and eating disorders a plus.
We are proud to provide an excellent benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)