Looking for a new employment opportunity?
Join Cargill’s Maintenance team in Round Rock !
Cargill is one of the largest, most diverse and most successful food companies in the world, and our purpose is to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. We prioritize our employees’ health and well-being, who are essential to the food supply chain. Our broad scale and scope allow you to take your career anywhere you’d like; providing you with new opportunities for you to grow, develop and make an impact on the future of our business. Choose Cargill and take your opportunity to thrive!
Benefits & Compensation
- Starting Pay Range: $18.50 - $23.00/hr DOE & Paid Weekly
- Overtime Potential
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Career Development Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
A Typical Workday May Include:
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Lead Technician, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for conducting preventative and corrective maintenance of plant production equipment. Responsibilities also include maintaining electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and related systems. While performing the duties of a Maintenance Technician, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions with slippery surfaces; moving mechanical parts, chemicals; fast paced warm/cool environment. This position requires standing the entire shift and the use of PPE is required in all areas of the facility. This role is required to be a member of the location Hazmat Response Team which includes being able to wear a respirator.
Be proactive in answering radio calls and conducting all aspects of the maintenance and repair of plant equipment and control systems
- Communicate with other maintenance shifts to ensure proper pass down of maintenance related issues
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship between maintenance and other departments to ensure customer deadlines are met
- Adhere to all food safety and quality policies
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve productions methods, equipment performance and quality of product
- Monitors and enforces safety requirements
What You Will Need:
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to work in a cold to warm environment
- Ability to work with a variety of hand tools
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Problem resolution skills and proficient interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to provide your own tools, company will provide minimum tools
- Must work well under pressure in a very fast paced environment
- Hands on experience with mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.