SmileKeepers is searching for a full-time Expanded Practice Hygienist for our Milwaukie, OR practice!
At SmileKeepers, our culture is based on innovation and providing a wellness approach to Dentistry to improve clinical results and consistently generate predictable treatment outcomes. We focus on providing the highest quality, multi-disciplinary, and comprehensive oral health services with clinicians who precisely diagnose, document, educate, and treat our patient populations.
An EPDH in a Medicaid population can be a sort of primary care provider. They are able to diagnose x-rays and can complete all hygiene services, x-rays and an assessment. The doctor would complete a chart review of the visit and if needed, then the patient would be scheduled for restorative care with the doctor and the comprehensive exam completed at that time. If healthy, the patient could remain in the EPDH schedule with a one time per year exam with the doctor (which would be much less time for the doctor). EPDH can also prescribe antibiotics so is able to help stabilize a patient until they can be seen by a dentist. Also they can do scoop and fill.
Our hope with this position is that the hygienist (EPDH) would be very entrepreneurial and proactive, taking charge of their schedule and patient base to help keep access moving along. Allowing both the EPDH and the doctor to practice at the highest scope of their licensure.
Pay range is $40 - $45 per hour with a $2,000 sign on bonus. With production bonus plan, expected earnings are in the $55 - $65 per hour range.
- Reasonable patient load at an average of 8-10 patients per day
- Schedule – This is a full-time opportunity
- Teamwork in the patients best interest
- Quality patient care with clinical autonomy based on best practices in the patients best interest
- Established practice in a growing community
- Completive compensation package, plus additional uncapped bonus plan
- Healthcare package (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Short and long term disability
- 401K and additional Pre-tax saving plan
- Life insurance
- CE credits
- Accredited Hygiene Technical School or College
- Current applicable State Dental License (or the ability to acquire one by the time of employment)
- Other licenses/certifications such as CPR, local certified anesthesia
SmileKeepers is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our patients and employees. To this end we are adhering to best-in-class safety practices based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Dental Association (ADA) and state/local mandates.
As always, we’re following best practices for sterilization protocols of dental instruments and operatory equipment. We’re also screening every patient when scheduling, when confirming and again upon arrival, using the CDC’s guidelines for identifying any symptoms of illness or recent exposure to COVID-19.
- High School or better