Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of Cantex. We are committed to a culture that respects our differences and values the contributions of all people.
St. Joseph Continuing Care Center is a 130-bed facility that represents the next generation in transitional, short-term care offering around-the-clock clinical support complete with a comprehensive rehabilitation program. We are currently seeking a full-time Speech Language Pathologist for our in-house rehabilitation program!
- Screens, evaluates, and treats Patients.
- Evaluates Patient within one working days of physician referral.
- Completes a comprehensive evaluation using appropriate evaluation and assessment tools and procedures.
- Reviews patient records for current diagnoses, past medical history, precautions and contraindications.
- Establishes measurable goals and develops treatment plan to move the patient toward his or her maximum level of independence and/or function.
- Supervises CFYs, Speech Interns and Rehab Techs in direct Patient care and Patient-related activities in accordance with state practice act.
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings and treatment program to patients, family, and other team members.
- Collaborates and supports plan of care as determined by the physician and healthcare team; treats patients accordingly as approved by the physician. Performs periodic re-evaluation of the patient as necessary and makes adjustments.
- Maintains patient records that reflect patient treatment: (Evaluation, daily treatment record, physician update, patient care plan updates, discharge summaries, telephone orders, billing)
- Communicates with supervisor and other health team members regarding Patient progress, problems, and plans.
- Participates as necessary in Patient care conferences and weekly rehabilitation and Care Coordination meetings
- Participates in in-service training programs.
- Records clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
- Completes all documentation per timeline outlined in department policy and as required to optimize patient care and flow. Maintains supervisory oversight for documentation completed by Clinical Fellow).
- Records daily treatments and labor per department and company procedures.
- Establishes and instructs caregivers in Patient specific maintenance programs.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Acts as a clinical preceptor for affiliating Speech-Language Pathology schools.
- Complies with state regulations and national standards as they apply to the practice of Speech-Language Pathology.
- Responsible for assuring patient safety.
- Travels between facilities or other treatment locations as necessary to assist with patient treatment. Variable and rotation work shifts are required.
- Meets established productivity targets.
- Adheres to the Cantex Code of Conduct.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices):
Mobility (includes walking, good balance), reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, ability to see and hear, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with Patients, family members, personnel, and ability to remain calm under stress.
1. Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech, Language and Hearing Association.
2. A Speech-Language Pathologist completing Clinical Fellowship (CF) with appropriate supervision from a certified and licensed S.L.P.
3. Current state license in the state of practice.
4. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
5. Must possess problem-solving skills of the type and at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
6. Must possess good communication skills and be able to relate professionally and positively to Patients, Patient's family members, and Facility staff
7. Must meet all local health regulations, pass post-offer drug test, and pass post-employment physical exam if required.
8. Must be capable of performing the Responsibilities of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
We are an Equal opportunity employer; We offer an excellent benefit plan to include 401K with match, CEU reimbursement, vacation, sick, holidays, medical, dental, and supplemental insurance Plans as well as a Highly competitive compensation package.