Team Introduction The mission of the Data Platform Singapore Business Partnering (DPSG BP) team is to empower the TikTok e-commerce business with data. Our goal is to build Data Warehouse that can cater to batch and streaming data. Also, we are building a Data Products that can use the results of such data analysis to obtain useful information, build efficient data metrics & dashboards, and use these results to make smarter business decisions and support business growth. We use different kinds of data technologies (batch, streaming, and machine learning algorithms) to solve critical business and technical challenges. If you're looking for a challenging ground to push your limits, this team is right for you!
The role: TikTok e-Commerce is looking for data engineers who are passionate about an end to end data engineering with a proven track record of delivering high volume data and data pipeline solutions and architecture.
- Translate business requirements & end to end designs into technical implementations and responsible for building batch and real-time data warehouse
- Manage data modeling design, writing, and optimizing ETL jobs
- Collaborate with the business team to building data metrics based on data warehouse
- Responsible for building and maintaining data products
- Involvement in rollouts, upgrades, implementation, and release of data system changes as required for streamlining of internal practices
- At least 3 years in software engineering and 2 years of relevant experience in data engineering
- Proficient in creating and maintaining complex ETL pipeline end-to-end while maintaining high reliability and security
- Familiar with data warehouse concept and have production experience in modeling design
- Familiar with at least 1 distributed computing engine (e.g. Hive, Spark, Flink)
- Familiar with at least 1 NoSQL database is a plus (e.g. HBase) - Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage and managing internal and external stakeholders across all levels of seniority
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to build rapport across teams and stakeholders