Burning Glass Technologies (BGT) is a leading labor market analytics provider serving a client base spanning the globe, including education institutions, government workforce agencies, academic research centers, global recruitment and staffing agencies, major employers, and leading job boards.
About the Position
BGT is looking for a technical lead/senior software engineer to lead development for the engines team. The Engines team constructs innovative systems parsing and enriching billions of records of labor market data interrogated via analytical models and artificial intelligence capabilities providing insights and driving SaaS applications for our team and customers of BGT applications. The ideal candidate is a current practitioner capable of forming a technical vision and implementing with small teams by working closely with operations, product management, analysts and other teams located in our offices in Boston, London, Milan, and India.
- Work with domain/subject matter experts and Product Management team to translate requirements into technical specifications
- Play a pivotal role in architectural design decisions for fast response time and high throughput backend systems exposed to client systems
- With the help of your team, create scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code.
- Be familiar with state-of-the-art tools and technologies and be able to research, prototype, and select tools appropriate for the business context
- Bachelor's degree with five or more years of professional level software development.
- Have 5 to 7 years of experience in software industry with varied experience amongst big data, artificial intelligence, and web services.
- Experience leading a team or working in global teams (geographically distributed team working in different time zone)
- Ability to contribute to Architectural design and reviews of Engineering solutions
- Ability to plan workflows and address major issues like security policy, interface policies, data integrity issues, performance and scalability issues, integration and compatibility issue.
- Experience developing high end solutions coupled with scalability and extensible programming features for different business domains.
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases like Snowflake, Postgres SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Spark, Hadoop, Mongo et al.
- Highly organized, structured work habits
- Highly motivated and able to passionately manage varying priorities in a fast paced environment
- Good knowledge and experience in Agile development
- Familiar with tools such as Aha, JIRA, Confluence, GIT
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Nice To Haves
- Experience with machine learning systems for clustering, classification, and natural language processing.
- Experience with natural language processing tools and problems. Expertise with Vector Embeddings (Fasttext, Gensim), NER (Named Entity Recognition)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services with an emphasis on serverless architectures