We have a position available for a system engineer. This role will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide support to our customers for our Linux-based cluster management software product. You will be responsible for ensuring that customers get the help that they require in managing their clusters. A significant part of your job will be to work with the development team to get the right information and to escalate support tickets to the appropriate subject-matter experts. You will also have the opportunity to become a subject-matter expert in any one of a number of areas.
- Perform cluster deployments (or other professional services) to our customers and occasionally prospective customers. There may also be (post-covid) opportunities to travel to customer sites to conduct a deployment of our software and integrate a cluster in the local infrastructure.
- Research and development tasks for customers or for internal use by our development team.
There will be ample opportunity to develop your skills and to take initiative. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest hardware (e.g. GPUs, FPGAs, AI accelerators, high-speed interconnects such as InfiniBand, Omni Path and 100 Gig-E) and software technologies such as parallel filesystems (e.g. Lustre, GPFS, BeeGFS, WekaIO), Jupyter, various ML frameworks and tools, Spark, Kubernetes, and Ceph.
Our product, Bright Cluster Manager, is used to power thousands of clusters around the world, varying from a few nodes to several thousands of nodes. We take great pride in providing excellent support to our customers. You will be able to contribute to the success of our customers running their clusters with Bright Cluster Manager.
REQUIRED AND DESIRABLE SKILLS
You have excellent research skills and enjoy assisting customers to achieve their goals. You ideally have experience in a technical customer-facing role. You are eager to learn and become intimately familiar with the details of our product.
As most of our interactions with customers are based in email exchanges, you have excellent written communication skills and can easily convey complex technical information to consumable summaries.
Experience with high performance computing and system administration would be beneficial, but is not strictly necessary.
Our cluster management software is based on Linux. You should have in-depth knowledge of the Linux operating system. In addition, you are familiar with the most common software that is part of a typical Linux installation.
Bright Computing is a young but rapidly growing company. We require people who are not only very skilled, but who are also flexible, reliable, can take initiative, enjoy responsibility, and have a "can do" mentality.
- Languages: English
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience: >2 years
- Salary: Depending on skills, qualifications and experience
- Benefits: Employee’s income protection insurance ("WGA GAT Uitgebreid and WIA Excedent"), disability insurance, pension (70% company contribution), commuting allowance, home internet allowance, stock options, 25 paid vacation days, company laptop (Dell XPS 15)
- Hours: Full time
- Starting: ASAP
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands