We have a position available for a front-end developer to work on our graphical cluster management interfaces. Bright Cluster Manager exposes a rich cluster management API to the outside world which can be used to control and monitor all aspects of a cluster. You will be responsible for designing and implementing user interfaces that make the capabilities of this API accessible to system administrators and end users of a cluster.
What you will do at Bright Computing
There will be ample opportunity to develop your skills and to take initiative. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest front-end tools like Angular 10, Tailwind CSS, ReactJS, electron, cypress, jest, nx, ngrx and with the latest hardware (e.g. GPUs, FPGAs, accelerators, high-speed interconnects such as InfiniBand, Omni Path and 100 Gig-E) and software technologies such as parallel filesystems (e.g. Lustre, GPFS, BeeGFS, WekaIO), OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Ceph, AWS, Microsoft Azure and Jupyter.
You will work together with other front-end team members on Bright Computing's front-end projects:
- Bright View, the graphical interface for administrators to manage their clusters
- An electron app for deploying Bright Cluster Manager head nodes on physical hardware
- Our custom plugin for JupyterLab
- and more
Required and Desirable Skills
- Experience with pure CSS, pre-processors (e.g. SCSS, SASS, LESS) and frameworks such as (Bootstrap CSS, Angular Material or Tailwind CSS)
- A strong understanding of how to build high performance single page web applications using the MVC or MVVM design pattern.
- You know how to work with async code, and have experience in the areas of reactive programming (such as RxJS) and component state management.
- Good knowledge of debugging tools
- Ideally you are passionate about the adoption of software development best practices.
Experience with front end build tools like webpack, npm, gulp as well as automated testing software such as cypress, jest or jasmine are beneficial but not strictly required.
Our cluster management software is based on Linux. You ideally have some basic knowledge of Linux and are familiar with the most common software that is part of a typical Linux installation.
Bright Computing is a young but rapidly growing company. We require people who are not only very skilled, but who are also flexible, reliable, can take initiative, can deal with responsibility, and have a "can do" mentality.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Experience: >2 years
Benefits: Employee’s income protection insurance ("WGA GAT Uitgebreid and WIA Excedent"),
disability insurance, pension (70% company contribution), commuting allowance, home internet allowance, stock options, 25 paid vacation days, company laptop (Dell XPS 15)
Hours: Full time (with flexible working hours)
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands