Hi! We're Bright Cellars!
Who We Are Bright Cellars is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
Our Mission is to inspire and educate a new generation of wine lovers by delivering a transformative, personalized wine experience.
Our ValuesWe are obsessed with creating a member-centric wine journey.
We value smart, sustainable growth.
We are curious and humble learners.
We cultivate a diverse, collaborative, and transparent workplace.
We identify our challenges quickly and solve them thoughtfully.
We hold each other accountable to success.
We back our intuition and experience with data-driven insights.
We love wine and work to share that love with our members.How Bright Cellars Works Our members join Bright Cellars by taking a 7 question-quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Points learning algorithm evaluates these preferences to determine the best wine matches for each member’s taste. Each month, members receive four or six unique bottles in the mail, which they are then able to rate and provide personalized
What You’ll be Working On:
- Implement new features on core data products
- Design API while keeping speed and cost in mind
- Collaborate with the team to gather requirements
- Communicate with design team to implement based on product roadmap
- Write testable code
Key Technical Skills You’ll Bring:
- JS, ReactJS, Redux
- HTML, CSS, SASS / SCSS, Webpack
- Python, Flask, unittest, flask_testing, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- AWS ECS, RDS, Redshift
- Docker, nginx, redis
- Git, Github, CircleCI, Jest
- Data ETL experience, Apache airflow
- Experience with advanced data visualization tool (e.g. D3.js, observable, and vega)
- Experience with designing and implementing REST APIs
Experience You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a related field) and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proficient with HTML, CSS, React (or a similar frontend framework), Python, and MySQL
- Experience with AWS and CI / CD processes
- Knowledge of other programming languages a plus
- Writing testable code