Breakthrough is seeking a Data Analytics Engineer to join our innovation focused technology team. The ideal candidate demonstrates high integrity, a willingness to go beyond the ordinary to meet and exceed expectations, a desire for continual challenge and development, and the ability to effectively communicate with business leaders and stakeholders.
As a key member of the Data Engineering team, work closely with business customers in the development of our new enterprise analytics platform. You will leverage industry-leading integration and analytics tools to build a modern data management framework that is accurate, reliable, high performing and easily accessible within our products, data science team as well as our citizen analysts in the business units.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the full life cycle of development, from requirements gathering through ETL coding and report/dashboard design and creation. This includes working closely with business users to establish reporting and analytic requirements and translating those business needs into ETL and report specifications.
The Data Analytics Engineer works with the Breakthrough team to build processes to retrieve, consolidate, transform and prepare data for reporting and other data integration needs. In addition, you will be involved in the analysis of systems or processes which create data in order to recommend or perform changes to those systems for accurate and complete data availability. The team is small and agile; you will work closely with the Innovation Team Lead and Data Engineering team to accomplish these outcomes.
The ideal candidate will embrace and advocate the vision of the Modern Data Management architecture, working in close collaboration with the Data Engineers to bring this vision to life and increase the speed to market of new data driven insights to new and prospective clients.
- Accountable for the ongoing architecture, implementation and configuration of data analytics using dbt.
- Transform source system data into tested and documented datasets based on business needs.
- Build, monitor and maintain reliable data pipelines for highly available reporting or data integrations.
- Configuration of visualization tools such as Looker, Data Studio, Tableau or PowerBI.
- Preparation of disparate data sources for analysis.
- Prepare data to identify patterns and trends in data sets.
- Define new data collection and analysis processes.
- Streamline and integrate data management and data analytics from end to end.
- Own the maintenance, design and continued development of the reporting structures in close collaboration with the Data Engineering team.
- Contribute to the refinement, development and operationalization of the digital data management and analytics vision and strategy.
- Ensure ongoing alignment to data management best practices while developing and implementing data policies, standards, catalogs and critical metrics.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical field.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of data modeling concepts, SQL and data warehousing.
- Knowledge of Google BigQuery a plus.
- Experience in data ingestion and data integration strategies.
ABOUT BREAKTHROUGH:Breakthrough is the expert in managing the energy and information that fuels the movement of goods globally. We use our patented technology and industry knowledge to create transportation energy and supply chain management strategies for the world's leading shippers. We remove the waste associated with distorted supply chain practices and reveal data-driven insights to give our clients a competitive advantage in their supply chains.
WHY WORK AT BREAKTHROUGH? See our SMART, PASSIONATE, and EDGY team in action: https://www.breakthroughfuel.com/careers/