Who we're seeking
Our fast growing Engineering team is looking for an Information Security Intern! This role will report to our Information Security Manager (ISM). If you recently graduated or are in your senior year of college, have been studying Security and/or Computer Science, and are looking to put your education into practical use, jumping into the field with a high growth, dynamic startup, please read on. This paid internship will initially be for 3-4 months and would ideally turn into a full time role with Brazen.
In this role you will
- Work closely with our Information Security Manager’s (ISM) to help develop our information security program and security control assessment strategy
- Assist in defining, creating and implementing Brazen’s information security policy/standards, guidelines
- Help prepare for monthly security governance meetings with our Executive Team, Department Heads, and other members of the data team to review KPIs and KRIs
- Conduct (Internal, Customer Requested, and Auditor) security assessment checklists for various internal and external systems
- Review the system/network configuration changes, system patches and updates according to the Brazen procedures
- Review information security policy and standards to ensure compliance
- Work on additional projects and functions assigned by the ISM as needed
- Overall, ensure accuracy while seeking to continuously improve information security processes by helping to find, embrace, and implement new and better ways of doing things
You are a strong fit for this role if you bring
- Information Security and/or Computer Science coursework at the higher education level.
- Self motivation and interest in learning new applications and technologies
- Ability to adapt to change and take responsibility in a fast-paced, high growth, constantly evolving organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to take initiative and follow-through on projects.
- Ability to work. independently and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and attention to detail.
- Strong writing, critical thinking and analytical skills.