The Quote Buyer supports purchasing by preparing and consolidating all of the quote packages. This includes being the
lead for quote activities and inputting information into a costed BOM
JOB FUNCTIONS (ESSENTIAL)
• Generates, distributes and follows up on all RFQ’s, as per the Global Purchasing Procedure for the regional commodities
• Supports quote process for customer RFQ’s and works with strategic Purchasing at the early stages of program definition
• Evaluates/consolidates all quotes received from Category Managers for strategic commodities
• Supports quote reviews as required
• Prepares and presents all Q2 documents per guidelines
• Participates and supports quote & engineering team meetings during quote phase, where applicable and forwards status
and open issues to relevant purchasing team members
• Tracks the cost model for purchased components and materials, as applicable, for pre-development programs
• Assists in negotiating the best possible prices
• Maintains supplier relationships that are both productive and mutually beneficial while continually searching for and
renegotiating cost savings on new sourcing opportunities, with current and / or new suppliers
• Follows safe work procedures; Uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); Uses workplace tools and equipment
as instructed; Reports workplace hazards, injuries and illnesses as soon as possible following event
• Complies with the requirements of Quality Operating System (QOS)
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business administration – required
• 2-3 + years’ experience in Purchasing or related field within a manufacturing facility
• Relevant experience within the automotive electronics - preferred
• Key Customer Specific Requirements (CSR) – as applicable
• Platform Specific Requirements – as applicable
• Review CSR via SharePoint
• Knowledge of product development practices in the automotive field - preferred
• Knowledge of the application and delivery of advanced electronic systems into the automotive industry. - preferred
• Must be able to show evidence of problem solving skills as well as keen analytical abilities in a teamwork setting.
• Working knowledge of the Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC).
• Willingness to perform "hands-on" work.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office package
• Fluent in PC applications for cost tracking, budgeting and program management
• Knowledge of analysis and program management tools (i.e. document control and archiving tools, analysis tools, etc.)
• Comprehensive knowledge of English (verbal and written)
• For positions located in non-English speaking locations, knowledge of the local working language is an asset
• Proficiency in German is a plus
• Travel (domestic and international) may be needed
• Good team and people skills, including interpersonal skills that are required to communicate and help build upon the
technical capabilities of a cross-functional and cross- cultural organization
• Able to work effectively in a global environment -preferred
• Able to represent technical topics internally and externally-preferred
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent written and oral communication. Ability to articulate complex technical concepts, often to non-technical audiences
or senior management.
• Able to negotiate with team members.
• Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently.
• Self-starter who is able to work in a fast paced and multifaceted environment.
• Strong and effective decision-making skills.
Normal amount of sitting and standing, average mobility to move around an office and plant environment, able to conduct normal
amount of work on a computer.
- Buy based on buyer negotiations
- Identify sourcing opportunities based on spend through the buyer-assisted process
- Send all new purchase orders to vendors
- Provide feedback to strategic buyer on supplier performance for new or expired contract negotiations
- Performing all buyer functions within delegated or assigned authority
- Creating purchase orders and stock transfer orders from purchase requisitions
- Develop new suppliers where current suppliers are
- Initiate purchase orders for required product based upon inventory levels
- Analyze past buyer trends, sales records, price and quality of merchandise to determine value and yield
- Develop strategic supplier relationships with suppliers
- Assist category buying director in leading the development of the category buying strategy and vision for retail stores and website across multiple product types
- Informing buying staff of new opportunities or issues
- Sent from a buyer to a BA for processing into internal systems
- Setting up purchase orders for new programs
- Execute delivery commitments through purchase orders and work orders
- Execute sales margin and inventory plans
- Ensuring stores remain in stock on seasonal product
- Lead and develop the purchasing/buyer team
- Support projects to streamline the Procurement process
- Develop and maintain a buying network