At Brainium, we keep things simple. We want passionate people that want to make great games. Together, we are building an industry disrupting culture that supports peoples' best work. We are about removing all roadblocks between you and career defining success, and of course - having a whole lot of fun.
We are committed to pristine quality in everything we do. We are providers of world class experiences - and that not only goes for the people that play our games, but the people that help create them. We are looking for autonomous achievers, independent thinkers, and continuous improvement seekers.
Founded by a pair of college friends at the dawn of the App Store, we have kept the spirit of innovation and creativity alive and are experiencing rapid growth. If you want to be a part of something that aspires to elevate an industry, while getting to work with people that are inspired by what they do, applyÃ¢ÂÂ¦we'd love to pick your brain.
We don't crunch, and we aren't "rock stars" or "ninjas". We work carefully as a team to make great bug-free software.
You are a Software Engineer with a passion for simple, bug-free software. You are comfortable in an autonomous environment and are a world class collaborator. You have a keen eye for quality and hold yourself to a very high standard. You embrace diversity and thrive in an environment where opinions are freely shared. You are a consistent and transparent communicator - and we promise we are too.
About the Job:
A day in the life of the Software Engineer will look something like this:
- Write well-developed, testable, and elegant code
- Work with other engineers and departments to debug and solve problems
- Build and maintain codebases across multiple applications
- Collaborate with peers to implement designs into code
- Investigate and recommend solutions to improve code quality and efficiency
- Work with technologies such as C++, Git, Rust, Xcode and OpenGL on both Android and iOS platforms
About the Perks:
For this role, we are thinking somewhere between $70,000 and $90,000, depending on experience. Some of the things that make Brainium different include:
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee
- 6.5 weeks of PTO, with a $2,000 personal travel reimbursement to encourage you to take them
- Continuing education and professional development benefits
- Flexible schedules and awesome pet-friendly offices in Portland's Pearl District
- Lots of snacks, weekly lunches, and as much cold brew/kombucha/sparkling water as you can drink
- Legitimate respect for work/life balance (seriouslyÃ¢ÂÂ¦ we don't do 60-hour weeks or crunch time)
- A whole host of other awesome benefits to make you feel taken care of and valued
About the Process:
If you think this role sounds like a great fit for you, then let's talk! Apply with your resume, portfolio link, and cover letter, and tell us why. We can't wait to talk to you!