Boxer Property is seeking a Maintenance Technician, This individual will be responsible for the daily operation, maintenance, and repair of building systems including (e.g. electrical; heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, life safety, tenant requests, etc.), as well as other tasks assigned by the Property Manager and/or Lead Maintenance Technician.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily operation, maintenance, and repair of building systems including electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, and life safety.
- Ensure all building systems operate safely, efficiently and as originally intended per company safety policy standards.
- Perform and document routine preventative maintenance and repairs in a timely manner.
- Diagnose and analyze mechanical problems and determine solutions to correct them.
- Ensure vacant suites are made ready per company standards.
- Maintain inventory as needed for cost effective operations. Be on-call duty to respond to 24-hour emergency calls as scheduled.
- Complete grounds work as directed by Property Manager including general clean-up of surrounding areas.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local codes and procedures.
Knowledge and Skill Sets:
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and life safety systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently with little direction.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, CMMS, etc.).
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years of experience in commercial real estate maintenance and operations required.
- Technical training and license preferred.
Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the maintenance and construction trades. Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely and tolerate exposure to electrical hazards.