As an Android Developer Technical Lead at Boston Dynamics, you will lead the engineering of the Spot Controller. The Spot Controller is an Android-based tablet which operators use to teleoperate Spot as well as create autonomous missions. This is a large opportunity to set the state of the art for how people interact with mobile robots.
Boston Dynamics is a world leader in mobile robots, tackling some of the toughest robotics challenges. For years, our awe-inspiring viral videos on YouTube have shown the world what remarkably capable robots can do. Now we are quickly becoming a recognized leader in automation solutions for industrial applications, logistics, and warehouses.
Day to day activities:
- Provide technical guidance to your team by participating in design and code reviews to help evolve the application architecture
- Provide hands-on technical contributions by debugging issues and implementing new features
- Collaborate with User Experience, Product Management, and Customers to iterate and improve the experience
- Act as the project manager by breaking projects into smaller tasks, assign efforts to other team members, and push new changes through the release lifecycle
- Experience as a lead shipping high-quality Android applications; from conception to shipping and post-ship refinement
- Strong knowledge of APIs and Frameworks, Java and Kotlin, and how to debug difficult UI or performance issues
- Prior experience with Computer Graphics, AR/VR, and/or Robotics
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
Boston Dynamics will never ask you to divulge your personal financial or account information as part of its recruiting process.