Boston Dynamics is a world leader in mobile robots, tackling some of the toughest robotics challenges. For years, our awe-inspiring viral videos on YouTube have shown the world what remarkably capable robots can do. Now we are quickly becoming a recognized leader in automation solutions for industrial applications, logistics, and warehouses.
We are seeking a leader to join our Pick team in the role of a Software Technical Lead Manager (TLM). You will lead a team of software engineers, guiding them through the process of creating and integrating our next-generation software with our groundbreaking hardware systems. If you are looking to work amongst colleagues who are collaborative, mission-driven, and looking to have a positive impact on the world of robotics, come and join us!
Day to day activities:
- Lead a team of software engineers, including project management, code reviews, and career development
- Architect and orchestrate the creation of highly reliable, maintainable, and testable codebases
- Design and deploy production-quality software and infrastructure
- Closely communicate with the direct team, management, and cross-functional teams
- Hands-on integration of designed software into highly-complex robotics platforms
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 8+ years of hands-on software development in a production environment
- 4+ years of technical leadership and strong people management skills
- Strong technical skills across C++, Python, and DevOps infrastructure
- Hands-on familiarity with tools including Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, and modern build systems like Cmake and Bazel
- Demonstrated experience shipping, supporting, and improving large codebases under constrained timelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with ML infrastructure or ROS
- Experience with logging, communications, data analytics, and UX
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
Boston Dynamics will never ask you to divulge your personal financial or account information as part of its recruiting process.