BJB Transit, is currently seeking candidates to fill our quad-axle dump truck driving positions. This is a full-time (seasonal) position.
For this position, your main duties will be the day-to-day delivery of hot-mix asphalt and related construction materials to our many asphalt plant customers and their construction crews.
All of our trucks are late model and very well-maintained. Our trucks are serviced on a regular basis to ensure dependability for our drivers and for the customers that we serve.
As our driver, you will be assigned your own company provided truck in which you will be responsible for. You'll work on many different types of projects and in many different settings for commercial, industrial, and residential property owners.
You’ll enjoy working for one of Milwaukee's most respected and well-established trucking firms. You'll also appreciate the convenience of being home every night and a paycheck every week.
Your specific job details and responsibilities include:
- Delivering hot-mix asphalt and paving with multiple asphalt crews
- Stock piling crushed aggregates which are used in the production of American Asphalt Materials' asphalt mixes at their asphalt plant in Menomonee Falls
- Hauling recycled asphalt grindings when working with asphalt milling crews
- Hauling dirt and crushed aggregates for excavation and grading crews
- Maintaining the cleanliness of your provided dump truck to ensure a positive company image at all times
- Daily pre-trip safety inspections of the vehicle
- Maintaining proper fluid levels on the truck such as motor oil, radiator fluid, fuel, tire air pressure, etc.
This position requires:
- A valid Class B (or Class A) commercial drivers license
- Experience driving a heavy-duty on-road vehicle with a manual transmission
- A clean driving record
- Current Federal DOT Medical Card
- A minimum of 2-years driving experience in the asphalt paving industry or related field (preferred)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to read a road map / GPS to determine the most efficient route
- A friendly, positive attitude, and the willingness to work on a team
- You’ll be working with multiple construction crews
- You must have safe driving habits
- Must be available to work Monday - Saturday (55+ hours per week)
- Weekend work is required (when you are needed)
- Must pass a D.O.T. drug and alcohol screening
- Must be registered on the FMCSA Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse website to be considered for hire