Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology. Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Team & Role Description:
Bitso is growing very rapidly and one of the biggest challenges of scalability is people.
As we scale our teams and products we need to make sure culture, engagement, productivity, accountability and innovation scale as well. This requires a whole set of skills, tools and techniques that enable engineers to thrive in ever larger groups just as when they do in early stage startups.
The Engineering People Management Coach will interact closely with Software Engineers, Chapter Heads, the VP of Engineering, the CTO, Agile Coaches and Product Roles.
- Knowledge of engagement frameworks
- Knowledge of feedback techniques
- Understanding of motivation drivers
- Understanding of agile performance management techniques
- Understanding of organization design principles and frameworks
- Ability to feel successful in making others succeed
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Has worked as a software engineer
- 5 + years experience managing engineers
- Previous work using agile methodology is strongly desired
- English language proficiency
- In charge of the strategy for the overall success of engineers in the organization
- Organizes the definition of roles and responsibilities. Owns the engineering RASCI matrix
- Create a culture of accountability
- Measure and foster engagement on individual and group levels
- Track and foster culture
- Track eNPS and coordinate activities to improve it
- Track performance issues, find root cause and create improvement plans.
- Create an track psychological safety
- Coordinates hiring, onboarding processes and new employees experience.
- Coordinates training and continuous learning.
- Coordinates the creation of career paths for individual contributor and management tracks
- Serves as an escalation point for people management situations.
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful
- Salary: We pay very competitively in the countries where we operate, based on sophisticated high-tech markets
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom
- Performance Bonus: Your hard work will be rewarded with an attractive bonus plan.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You chose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence, or threats.