This position is responsible for all activities that occur withinthe manufacturing facility. The PlantManager operates effectively as a leader with direct responsibility formanufacturing and key support process operations. The Plant Manager leads through influence ina matrix organization in relation to additional functions that occur at thefacility, such as shipping and distribution. The purpose of this position is to achieve continuous improvements inthe areas of safety, efficiency, quality, customer service and leadership so asto deliver financial profitability for the plant.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee manufacturing operations for a commercial baking facility consisting of hourly associates and a management staff.
- Lead the achievement of a zero injury workplace by ensuring safe work conditions for associates and compliance with all state and federal regulations on environmental, health and safety issues.
- With a focus on the front line and a bias for action, ensure associates have the tools resources and capabilities to succeed and deliver on expectations.
- Understand, coach and teach the principles of the BBU Manufacturing Transformation, including lean tools, process capability and operational discipline.
- Responsible for all aspects of operations and achieving key performance measurements related to personnel safety, quality and food safety, service, and cost, while continually improving process reliability and performance.
- Build a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, and professionalism, demonstrating active support in the Company’s values and policies.
- Extend capabilities to meet market needs and support profitable growth of the products produced by the facility.
- Build an organization that is customer focused, flexible, and has a strong business acumen.
- Conducts performance appraisals and talent assessments of the management team and recommends and/or implements appropriate training programs to address developmental needs.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.Job Requirements
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Results Orientation. Focused on improving business results through introduction of incremental improvements in business practices; defines key issues and alternatives, evaluating costs, risks and benefits for the organization; emphasizes accountability and a sense of urgency.
- Change Leadership. Encourages associates to identify improvement opportunities; sets realistic challenges for the team; influences others, internally and externally, to drive change efforts; encourages collaboration and innovation.
- Learning and Adopting Best Practices. Able to learn new approaches and concepts, identify and develop new ideas or best practices, and apply them to their business; desire to learn (intellectual curiosity), creates a culture of continuous improvement and growth.
- Strategic Thinking with Business Insight.Ability to understand the company’s competitive context; strong analytical and conceptual abilities to develop his/her own plan within the general company strategy and communicate clearly to the team.
- People Oriented Leadership.Focused on optimizing, developing, and improving work teams by achieving a balance between the productive and the humane, inspiring others to be better; increasing their productive performance and ensuring their personal development; operates in a team-based environment empowering the team and delegates responsibilities, ensuring ownership of decisions and promoting individual accountability.
Education and Work History:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Food Science, or a technical field a plus. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- 12+ years of increasingly responsible manufacturing experience, at least 5 years which must be in the food industry.
- 4+ years of experience leading a high performance management team.
- Demonstrated leadership of safety initiatives that drive a zero injury culture.
- Participative management style and excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record leading the improvement of operations while delivering day to day performance.
- In-depth knowledge of baking science and technology, process control and improvement tools.
- Experience with programs that drive statistical processes and program systems in plant operations.
*The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.