Established in 2001, Big Nerd Ranch specializes in client app development and expert instruction from the brightest developers and designers in the industry. When you need an iOS, Android or web app to solve a problem, grow your business or engage your employees, partnering with us is a no-brainer. We provide end-to-end mobile solutions for a range of app development projects, including iOS, Android, full-stack web and design. Here at Big Nerd Ranch our mission is to empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training. We do this while being Brilliant, Curious, Kind, Hardworking, Authentic and Accountable.
We are seeking an Android Developer to join our team. This person must reside in the United States and can work 100% remote from home.
- Develop existing and new mobile applications for Big Nerd Ranch and for our clients
- Author stories (use cases, technical and functional requirements) and tests
- Contribute to and participate in development meetings (standÃÂups, kickÃÂoffs, retrospectives) and design sessions with teams and clients
- Collaborate with team members, consultants, designers and clients to provide accurate estimations, timelines and risks associated with development
- Contribute to the Android community through code, blog posts, teaching and speaking
- Help guide clients towards effective solutions that balance technical requirements and business needs.
- Participate in our technology sales process by attending sales meetings and providing estimates, risks, assumptions, and requirements for future opportunities.
You'll be Successful in this role if:
- Have Android development experience and experience working on consulting projects
- Experience with Kotlin as a programming language
- Knowledge of asynchronous programming with popular tools (such as RxJava and Coroutines) and their impact on application architecture
- Know how to gracefully support any screen size and device type
- Appreciate the quality guarantees that wellÃÂ-written tests provide
- Have a drive to learn and understand as much as possible
- Enjoy reviewing others' code and having your code reviewed
- Appreciate the perspective that others from a variety of different backgrounds and experience levels can provide
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401(k) matching, short- and long-term disability
- Retina MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when you're at the office
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
- Education is hugely important to us. We want to send you to one conference a year, and if you want to learn about something entirely different we'll train you at one of our bootcamps.
- The fridge is loaded and the kitchen is stocked. Craft caffeine? Check.
- On-site personal training sessions
- At Big Nerd Ranch you'll be working with the most brilliant, kind, and hardest working people in the solar system. You'll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you've learned with the world.
Are you up to the challenge?
Big Nerd Ranch, a subsidiary of projekt202, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.