The Senior Manager, Engineering is responsible for the ongoing development and management of the Engineering team. Accountabilities include business development, client relationship management, team member staffing and ongoing financial management of their assigned Engineering consulting practice area.
BGIS is a global leader in the provision of facility management, project delivery, energy & sustainability, asset management, workplace advisory, and real estate services. With a combined team of over 7,000 globally, BGIS relentlessly focuses on delivering innovative service solutions that create value for its clients. Globally, BGIS manages over 30,000 facilities totaling more than 340 million square feet across several markets including Government, Higher Education, Utilities, Telecommunications, Financial Services, Oil & Gas, Healthcare and Cloud Enterprise. In addition to managing a diverse portfolio of corporate offices, retail, colleges, hospitals and industrial assets, BGIS is a world leader in the management of data centers and other critical environments.
Business Development Activities
- Achieve ongoing Gross Margin business plan for Team by maintaining the appropriate volume and success in securing new business with new and existing clients.
- Develop and Qualify New Business opportunities such that the volume and success rate of New Business Pursuits yields the required secured New Business Volume
- Maintain Opportunity pipeline updated weekly to represent as accurate a forecast for New Business as possible.
- Prepare RFP responses and Client proposals to document and secure New Business as required.
- Support corporate marketing and business development activities in articulating Engineering capabilities and client benefits through presentations to client groups or written RFP responses.
- Internal and external quantification of financial and other benefits attributable to BGIS Engineering Consulting services.
- Develop new capabilities (offerings) aligned with targeted client segments to enhance business development success.
Client Relationship Management
- Work with Director, Professional Services and the entire BGIS Management Team to understand Engineering client issues, challenges and opportunities and to facilitate, propose and deliver innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with other BGIS Lines of Business to develop effective joint efforts or leverage other LOB resources and/or initiatives to promote Engineering solutions for our clients.
- Manage Client Perception of Engineering Services as reflected in Customer Satisfaction KPIs.
Team Operational Management
- Manage Staff productivity and Work quality through appropriate labour planning and work inspections on an ongoing basis.
- Manage Start Up and Close Out transition processes for new assignments.
- Develop skill gap analysis for the group and plan for growth of department.
- Industry Presence and Marketing
- Maintain an appropriate level of professional presence at Industry Association and Events.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Comfortable and at ease in a lead presentation role.
- University graduation or professional certification
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience in PPP projects
- Good understanding of the facility management business
- Previous experience in Commercial and Large program type projects
- Previous experience in Design/Build
- Strong skills in developing internal reporting systems, benchmarking and target setting
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of ISO documentation standards
- Knowledge of Building Automation Systems, HVAC Plant and its operation, Lighting and Solar PV systems
- Project management experience
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- Professional Engineering designation
- LEED™ Accredited Professional designation is desirable
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.