Opportunity for Direct Hire
Role Title: Sr. Systems Engineer
Primary Location: US Remote (permanently)
Service Locations: NYC, WaDC, and Huntsville_AL (rare travel may be req’d)
Duration: Full Time, Long Term (5+ yrs), Permanent FTE
FTE will provide engineering level technical services regarding architecture, design, implementation, management, and support of Microsoft systems for BTI enterprise clients.
Availability and Work Schedule
- FTE must remain available during business hours (8a-5p CST, Mon-Fri) - however, workstation schedule can be flexible, given a company-wide results-oriented approach to work and scheduling.
- Some work may be required outside of normal business hours (nights/weekends). Advance notice and schedule trade-outs (or PTO credit) will be provided.
- Emergency On-Call availability will also be required on a rotating basis.
- FTE will maintain high awareness for internal contact via company messenger during business hours, and will be accountable for immediate response times.
- *Note: this is one of the most critical HR qualifications for this role, due to “work from home”, and “flexible schedule” facets of the role.
- Primary FTE workspace will be located at home office on a permanent basis.
- Expect 95-100% of all work to be completed from home office.
- FTE will primarily serve clients in Huntsville AL, NYC, and WaDC, but travel will rarely be required.
- Mileage, flights, lodging, per diem, and/or any other travel expenses will be covered by BTI in every case.
Not all skill sets below are required in a single candidate. Willingness to be trained as needed may be required. Multiple staff will be assigned to this team to cover all skill set requirements.
- Recent/Current Engineering Level Experience with:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise
- Including Migration from MS Exchange
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Including AD Replication
- Microsoft Azure
- From system concept and design, to implementation and on-prem support.
- Virtualization solutions (servers, workstations, LDAP/AD, etc)
- MDM/MAM (centralized device control)
- DLP controls
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Engineering and Management of Hybrid Local/Cloud AD Environment
- Engineering and Management of Cisco and Linux Networking
- Familiar with the following concepts, methods, and systems
- Project Management
- Centralized, managed enterprise solutions
- MFA & other identity management/verification solutions
- Password Management methods and systems
- Automated response solutions for monitoring, incident response, and reporting
- Cloud imaging, deployment, and backup/recovery.
- Network discovery and audit
- Familiarity with enterprise level corporate best practices
- Ability to research and identify qualified solutions
- Maintain high success rate of generated solutions
- Ability to pass Development interview based on Qualifications and Knowledge listed above
- Degree or Certifications in related field(s) desired
- 3-5+ years of experience in related field(s) desired
*Note: Testing will be conducted by master development and engineering specialists. This position will require genuine expertise at the “Senior” level, and those without, need not apply.
- $80,000 - $125,000
- Salary offer will be determined based on salary history and/or market value of determined skill level (based on interview & testing results).
- Full Medical (incl comp, vision, dental, and life options) benefit options can be provided as needed via Blue-Cross Blue-Shield Platinum and other available plans.
- BTI provides cost matching options for insurance costs.
- This role is part of a team working with a global Fortune-Class enterprise client. Admirable performance can provide options for moving upward into lead and management roles within this client team and the BTI Software Development Dept.
- BTI works with many Fortune-Class enterprise entities on a variety of advanced projects. Admirable performance in this role will open doors to additional Development, Engineering, and DevOps teams on other projects.