Balto is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to be a key member of our world-class engineering team. You will be a core contributor to Balto’s cutting edge data and AWS architecture, ship bug-free software to thousands of users that change the course of human behavior in millions of phone conversations, and your work is the foundation of our customer experience and universally appreciated by the organization.
Balto’s Senior Site Reliability Engineer will keep microservice's real-time audio streaming and data architecture running smoothly. As an SRE, you will join Balto’s quickly growing engineering team and have significant ownership and responsibility from Day 1. You will work closely with our Chief Technology Officer to develop and execute major reliability initiatives and infrastructure. At Balto, you will have the resources, autonomy, and trust to do what you do best: create scalable and highly reliable software systems.
Balto is SaaS that coaches sales and customer service agents to improve their phone calls live while they’re on the phone with the customer. Powered by artificial intelligence, Balto listens to both sides of the conversation and visually prompts sales and customer service agents with the best things to say on every call. Balto’s customers, including name-brand retailers and Fortune 500s, use Balto’s real-time guidance technology to scale “perfect” to thousands of sales and service agents with the push of a button and get immediate insight into what’s working on their phone calls and what’s not.
If you always ask yourself “how could I have caught that sooner”, take a skeptical and detail-oriented look at every little blip that crosses your path and take pride in being the cool head in a stressful situation we’d love to have you on our team.
Those who know Balto’s engineering team best say things like:
- “Rockstar team that is always ready to help with all our development questions”
- “We could not have been more stoked about having these new features ready to use”
- “The engineering team is fun to work with, always thinking of creative ways to keep users engaged, customers happy and one more dog pun”
- "Balto is one of the most unique and innovative products I've ever seen, especially on the engineering side"
- Split on-call shifts during Balto’s primary operating hours 7:00 CT am - 9:00 CT pm
- Be the first responder on Balto’s Incident Response team and drive improvements to incident response processes as well as help further grow our culture of clear communication, documentation, and blameless post-mortems.
- Core role in budgeting for and executing on Balto’s 99.9% (and increasing) SLA
- Manage high-velocity code and infrastructure deployments to Balto’s AWS infrastructure
- Tackle quick iterative improvements as well as large-scale upgrades of Balto’s infrastructure and logging/monitoring tooling
- Keep a constant eye on Balto’s biggest infrastructure risks and help set a clear agenda to mitigate these risks
- Significant AWS experience.
- Very comfortable in a Linux environment (Ubuntu, Alpine), Git, Bash, etc
- Very comfortable with infrastructure tooling such as Ansible, Kubernetes, Cloudformation, Docker, etc.
We have plenty of benefits. Baltonians rave about these ones the most.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance to make quality healthcare affordable
- Life insurance to protect your loved ones in the worst-case scenario
- 401k to save for your retirement
- A quarterly professional development stipend to inspire continuous professional growth
- Paid vacation and holidays, including 5 days of Civic Engagement PTO, to give you the flexibility to make relaxation, family, and community priorities.