Ballard Spahr LLP, an AmLaw 100 firm with more than 600 lawyers in 15 offices across the country, has an opportunity available for a customer service oriented conflicts and business intake analyst. The analyst will work on the front line of a firm-wide business intake team managed within the Risk Management department. This position can be remote and/or located in any Ballard office.
- Researching entities and parent companies using Google and corporate tree research tools (CapIQ)
- Performing conflict searches for new clients and new matters including reviewing and analyzing results
- Reviewing new matter requests for accuracy and adherence to firm policy and procedures
- Ensuring timely processing of new matter intake forms within Intapp Open
- Communicating with lawyers and legal administrative assistants and answering questions regarding matter opening procedures
- Maintaining client, matter and party data in Firm's software systems
Qualified candidates will be analytical, with sound and efficient problem solving skills; detail oriented, focused and highly organized. The ability to exercise independent judgement, reason logically and make sound decisions is required. Must be able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple demands under the pressure of a deadline. Must also be a team player who is able to work in a collaborative environment.
Experience requirements include a bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certificate; previous law firm experience preferred. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills and a professional manner are required. Excellent proofreading skills are a must. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), 3E/Elite and Intapp Open a plus.
Must be able to work a 12pm to 8pm shift one night/week and, once fully trained, be available for on-call weekend coverage approximately 10 weekends per year, sharing holiday coverage with other team members. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Ballard Spahr is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.Job Requirements