The original Balducci's was a landmark specialty food store in NY's Greenwich Village for more than 50 years. We are continuing that tradition, but with an exciting NEW selection of specialty and everyday foods that fits a 21st century lifestyle... and budget.
Balducci's today is one of the most highly regarded specialty food companies in the country, with 6 upscale premium specialty food markets up and down the Eastern seaboard. With a long history of sourcing, cooking and selling the world's most palate-pleasing foods, we offer patrons an everyday shopping experience filled with extraordinary choices. All of our locations also offer catering, from corporate drop-offs to white tablecloth events.
We are looking for professionals who are interested in working as a full time Seafood Associate in our Bethesda, MD location.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting guests in selecting items, including cross-selling and up-selling
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of controlling perishable product quality and inventory
- Ability to identify all product
- Utilize knife skills in order to prepare product as necessary
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation standards as required. ServeSafe training a plus.
- Ability to work for long periods of time in the cold; ability to repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds
The ideal applicant will have at least 3 years of relevant professional experience working within the Seafood department in a food retailer and demonstrate excellent product knowledge.
Balducci's Food Lover's Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation.