Our Utility Scale Solar group is continuing to grow. They've locked in more projects to close out 2020 and already solidified a busy year for 2021. We are looking for a Project Engineer II to assist Project Managers with logistically and technically complex projects. You will need to be open to travel within California and Nevada. This is an exempt salaried position with benefits and per diem when traveling for your projects.
The Project Engineer will coordinate technical and administrative functions with the goal of successful completion of the Utility Scale Solar project. You will be the onsite eyes and ears for our large scale renewable operations and play a key role in ensuring that success.
WHAT YOU’LL DO :
- Assist in the formulation of project schedules based on estimated hours, electrical tasks, project milestones, resource leveling, Project Manager Guidelines and project criteria.
- Provide internal Project Management / Engineering coordination on Utility Scale Solar Projects.
- Assist in the review of project plans and specifications for completeness and accuracy as requested.
- Coordinate Tier-Subcontractor scheduling with Baker Electric Project Foremen.
- Confer with inter-departmental personnel and field forces, representatives of agencies, engineering firms, prime contractors, developers, manufacturers and distributors; regarding utility service, supply or project related issues.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of value-engineering and pre-fabrication opportunities.
- Reviews all Requests for Information (RFIs) generated from Baker field personnel and check these to the project drawings and specifications. Respond to field personnel with answers regarding RFIs that do not need to be furthered to the architect/engineer.
- Submit necessary RFIs (re-write if necessary) on the proper forms and log in. Actively manage the RFI process ensuring answers are received in a timely manner.
- Review supplier and subcontractor submittals and shop drawings for conformance to project documents and manage the submittal process ensuring project deadlines are adhered to.
- Maintain a log tracking the routing and time frames of all submittal documents.
- Coordinate with suppliers and subcontractors ensuring submittals are complete and correct prior to forwarding.
- Manage the project’s purchase orders ensuring the delivery of complete packages as required by the project deadlines.
- Assemble complete bills of material and coordinate with the Project Manager to finalize the purchase orders.
- Verify and obtain / track all lead time for material deliveries. Assist the Project manager with timely information for scheduling purposes for lead times.
- Assist in the packaging of any material buy out items as directed by the Project Manager and Purchasing Manager.
- Manage the closing of the project by coordinating the completion of the project punch list.
- Review the punch list with the Project Manager and Foremen at time of issuance to verify responsibility of the punch list items and assist the Project Manager in responding to all items which are not the responsibility of Baker Electric.
- Participate in the final walk through on the project and ensure that a signed and completed punch list is copied to the Baker Electric files.
- Assist with O&M close out documentation and packaging.
- Process Baker Electric field generated change order requests (Extra Work Order tickets). Review for completeness and accuracy.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL – EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- 2-6 years’ experience in Electrical Construction/Management is preferred
- Successful graduation of I.B.E.W. 569 Journeyman, an electrical program, or related Construction Management Degree
- Proficiency in MS applications are required
- Accubid and Bluebeam software a plus
- Strong work ethic with ability to work independently on a job site
Baker Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran, political affiliation or belief. Baker Electric, Inc. is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive environment.