Our Engineering Department is growing! we are looking for candidates that want to be part of our growth!
SUMMARY: The Project Engineer II will be responsible for managing the design of solar projects to ensure that prescribed activities are documented in accordance with Baker Electric Home Energy’s specified objectives for the successful permitting, procurement, and completion of the project.
Responsible for ensuring drawings and designs are completed on time and adhere to the established specifications and standards. Responsible for solar project engineering, design permitting, procurement and interconnection, in addition to coordinating project implementation with existing operations and project management department. The packages will consist of electrical, structural and layout design work that follows building and electrical codes as well as jurisdictional requirements for permitting.Job Requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Technical expert in all stages of project design including conceptual and advanced system design observing regulatory codes as well as customer requirements, balance of systems, permitting and technical support during construction phase
- Assist project implementation in collaboration with the Operations Department and Engineer Supervisor during planning and construction to assure quality and execution according to schedule
- Maintain design and proposal requirements, knowledge of codes and standards, design procedures, methods, and process, improve efficiency of project development
- Create drawings for proposed rooftop and ground-mount systems
- Perform ampacity, voltage drop, conduit fill, load calculation, and other preliminary engineering calculations while following standard methodologies. Develop single line diagrams, PV source and output circuit details, combiner boxes and overcurrent protection selections
- Prepare preliminary energy system layouts based on known site constraints
- Understand local jurisdictional requirements as they pertain to the design and installation of solar and Energy Storage Systems
- Utilize NEC and CFC applicable portions and apply them to project engineering
- Work with permitting team to apply for and obtain building permits and expedite permitting when possible
- Work with local permitting jurisdictions to assure that proposals and designs for their projects meet requirements as needed
- Follow standard operating procedures and protocol to ensure accuracy of design layouts
- Site-specific production analysis of PV arrays using existing industry models
- Work with Project Management tools to coordinate task and construction schedules for construction staff and contractors
- Other Duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4-6 years of experience in solar or electrical relevant solar industry design experience required
- 4+ years of experience designing and planning solar projects
- Years of experience may vary based on additional experience such as: Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, Renewable Energy, Environmental Engineering, etc.) and/or 2-6 years of residential field construction / electrical experience or completion of Electrical trade program
- Design software experience preferred, such as, AutoCAD and/or Sketch-Up
- Proficiency with Solar/PV application (Aurora, Loveland Imaging) design software is a plus