We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager for our Payment engineering team.
The Payment team is responsible for the integration of our external Payment Service Providers and the whole payment process, from checkout, to subscription management, to invoice generation.
As Senior Technical Product Manager you will elaborate product opportunities together with other internal stakeholders (mainly Marketing, Customer Service and our growing Live team), and bridge the gap between business and engineering.
- Lead the ideation and launch of innovative payment features through hands-on collaboration in cross-functional teams that include developers, designers, analysts, and marketers in an agile environment
- Be responsible for the Payment roadmap, ensuring that not only the company’s business growth strategy and the end user needs are taken into account and planned accordingly, but also any upcoming compliance requirement
- Create buy-in on priorities and deliverables with stakeholders, including presenting progress prototypes and test new features/products that capitalize on market opportunities, as well as define go-to-market strategy for minimum viable products in partnership with marketing and business development
- Translate product strategy into flexible user stories and/or prototypes so that your engineering team can deliver working software fast
- Measure, monitor and analyze metrics to learn from minimum viable products, optimize existing features and steer key performance indicators such as authorization and renewal rate
- A professional product person, who knows when to apply attention to detail, when to make raw prototypes quickly, and when to consult experts
- Excited about solving problems through analytical thinking as well as customer empathy
- Eager to innovate and learn continuously through rapid testing
You are experienced in
- Agile product management with a proven track record of end-to-end delivery of successful products, ideally in the e-commerce area
- Delivering 2-3 projects at the same time without much supervision
- Understanding technology and see how it might be applied to help solve relevant problems
- Experience with PSP (Adyen & Allpago is a plus), fraud prevention, risk settings, alternative payment methods, PSD II, etc.
- An ownership mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and proven ability to persuade your colleagues that what they are investing their time and money in will be successful
- The ability to say no to stakeholders to ensure a smooth implementation schedule
- A good understanding of the digital payment industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluent English is a prerequisite
- Bonus: a good understanding of online marketing
- Bonus: German language skills
- Bonus: Network of payment experts
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international company with people from over 60 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (30 vacation days, unlimited access to Babbel account, high-end company bike, fresh fruit and drinks, English/German classes, In-house Training Academy)
Sounds good? We are looking forward to hearing from you!