The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for the daily functions of Accounts Payable in the Accounting Department.
Primary Job Duties
- Review invoices for accuracy and completeness by matching the purchase order, receiver and packing slip (if applicable) to the invoice. If no purchase order issued for invoice, ensure proper approval of invoice is received prior to payment.
- Ensure any discrepancies in quantities and price between the purchase order, receiver and/or invoice documents are properly reconciled and approved prior to payment to the vendor.
- Sort documents by account name/number and process invoices for payment.
- Manage the Accounts Payable functions within the companys established policies.
- Examine records of amounts due and makes sure invoices are paid according to terms and discounts taken.
- Direct invoice processing and verification, expense coding and drafting of checks and/or vouchers.
- Issue checks accurately and timely.
- Reconcile checks issued, cleared and outstanding on a monthly basis.
- Report check issued totals to Corporate on a weekly and monthly basis, along with reporting checks outstanding at month end.
- Enter check numbers and amounts into bank system for check clearing authorization.
- Produce various reports for management including Accounts Payable register.
- Perform other basic clerical duties associated with Accounts Payable.
- Prepare monthly detailed expense analysis on certain departmental expense accounts.
- Maintain a work ethic and environment built on teamwork, continuous improvement, safety, communication, customer service/satisfaction and organization.
- Any other duties requested at the discretion of the Controller.
Note: This position is responsible for certain internal control responsibilities. These internal control responsibilities are verbally communicated to the incumbent and periodic feedback is provided as it relates to the performance of these internal control responsibilities.
- This position requires an understanding of bookkeeping procedures and at least three years relevant experience.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud based software a plus.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE, INVOICE, PURCHASE ORDER, BOOK KEEPING, ORACLE, SAP,ERP