Welcome to AWAZE,home to some of the continent’s most trusted travel brands, including Cottages.com, Hoseasons, Landal GreenParks and Novasol. ?
To deliver on our promise of “everyday amazing holidays”, we’re moving full steam ahead with our growth plans for 2021 and investing heavily in new tech to UNIFY our brands, TRANSFORM the experience of our Guests & Owners and CREATE something special for the staycations market.
Fancy joining us on our journey?
An intro to our Pricing team from Sam, Engineering Manager:
“We're responsible for building the dynamic pricing engine at the core of the Awaze platform, as well as providing progressive web applications that give offline access to the pricing algorithm.
We’re early days into our Pricing journey, and the opportunities we have are simply endless. You’ll be joining a growing, autonomous team, with the freedom to decide the most efficient way to work together and get the job done.
If you have an interest in building real time, event-based architectures and have an open-minded approach to new technologies, we have a key hire to make for a Senior Engineer to join our team who can provide mentorship to junior members and communicate technical concepts to people from non-technical backgrounds.”
What you’ll be doing:
This is an opportunity for you to be involved in building cutting edge solutions and supporting a culture of engineering excellence, working on entirely greenfield projects.
- Work as part of a highly collaborative team (split over Manchester, Lowestoft & Copenhagen) responsible for building our innovative pricing engines.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Contribute to driving best engineering practices including CI/CD, TDD, cloud architectures and pair/mob programming.
- Mentor and coach Junior Engineers to aid career progression and personal development Be an active member of the developer and wider tech community within Awaze.
Who are you?
We’re looking for a technology agnostic Software Engineer with extensive experience across a wide range of technologies and projects.
You’re someone who relishes tackling and solving tough problems, and have the mindset to allow each solution to drive the technology choice, not the other way around.
Sound like you? You’ll also have:
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud providers, or serverless technologies e.g. ELK, Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, API Gateway
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery approaches, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code etc.
- Experience in communicating ideas and decisions to a variety of team members
What we will give you
Not only will you be joining a brand new international team, you’ll also have the freedom to inform the best way of working to get the job done and play a key role in helping us shape the culture of our new, City Centre office.
We also provide:
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 18% Discount (Awaze holidays)
- Post covid Flexible working (3 days office | 2 days WFH)
- Matched pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Beer on tap. Dunkin Donuts (provided by our partners). And the usual Coffee/Tea.
If you're interested in transforming the industry and reinventing how our technology powers everyday amazing holidays, get in touch asap and let's chat.