Aunt Kitty's Foods, Vineland NJ is currently seeking a Quality Control 2nd Class. This position is responsible for conducting daily quality checks including: Raw Material inspection, Net Weight, Garnish Weighs, pH evaluation, can seam monitoring and evaluation, and process monitoring and product control, and daily assessment of plant sanitation through pre-op and operational documented inspections. Responsible for ensuring that all critical parameters are followed and recorded as daily audits of formula preparation and procedures.
Aunt Kitty's Foods offers a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug and a 401(k)-retirement plan.
Aunt Kitty's Foods is Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Requirements
- Inspects and analyzes all raw materials.
- Monitors the floor prior to startup to ensure proper ingredients, weights, cook times, etc. This could include but is not limited to vegetables, grains, meats, sugars, syrups, spices, seafood, etc.
- Assesses basic plant sanitation.
- Daily monitoring of product (can condition in incubator).
- 2nd Class will be trained and expected to place nonconforming product on hold.
- Ensures good laboratory practices are followed.
- Garnish weight assignment involves sampling product for pH, percent acidity, net weight, can seam abnormalities, and batching errors.
- Notifies the Quality Manager immediately if there are any issues.
- Ensures work area is neat and orderly in accordance with good housekeeping practices.
- Adhere to common safety practices and procedures.
- Responsible for following food safety, legality and quality polices and procedures within the scope of the job responsibilities such as but not limited to: GMP’s, HACCP, safety, product quality, food security, quality systems, plant security, etc.
- Follow the direction of the Line Lead with regards to procedural methods and the daily job assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.````