Growing software company based out of Atlanta, GA looking for a senior full stack engineer for a full-time remote position. This engineer will join a growing team that is responsible for continually enhancing and extending our web-based electronic signature platform. 5+ years professional software engineering experience required.
At a high level, this engineer will be expected to:
- work with a cross-functional team to design and architect new features
- implement new features and functionality or enhance existing features
- develop effective user interfaces for workflows that provide users with a broad set of options
- create efficient and secure REST APIs to enable tight customer and partner integrations
- conduct R&D with new libraries, frameworks, and technologies
- write unit and integration tests
- debug and address bugs and defects
- participate in peer code review
- provide occasional support for technical questions or issues from customers that get escalated
- communicate openly and effectively with co-workers and customers
Our ideal candidate will exhibit:
- demonstrable UI and UX skills designing and building responsive web-based user interfaces
- a solid command and understanding of C#
- an approach of writing new code as if they will be the one that has to maintain it over the long haul and leaving existing code slightly better than they found it
- an ability to think outside the box and [respectfully] challenge the status quo
- a serious interest in continually learning about and trying out new technologies and methodologies
- professional level written and verbal communications skills
- the ability and desire to assist and mentor more junior members of the team
- the ability to provide technical leadership and contribute to architectural design for the AssureSign platform
In addition, the following would be beneficial:
- experience with code-based PDF document manipulation
- a working knowledge of SQL (ideally SQL Server)
- familiarity with applications deployed in Microsoft Azure
If you have the experience and skills listed and this sounds like an opportunity you'd like to know more about, we'd love to hear from you!
We are AssureSign: we are people of character, invested, innovative and genuine. We seek to live out those values every day in both our personal and professional lives.
While the company is based out of Atlanta, Georgia, the software engineering team is completely remote and distributed throughout the US.
We typically follow a 2-week sprint cadence and use Azure DevOps for our backlog and issue tracking. We leverage a CI pipeline as well as deployment pushes via Azure DevOps pipelines.
We love open source, but we don't shy away from spending money to make sure we have the right tools for the job. We aren't afraid of trying new technology and make a point of regularly evaluating new tooling, libraries, and frameworks.
Work schedules are flexible, but reasonable availability for meetings and collaboration during core business hours is required. Engineers are expected to [virtually] attend:
- daily stand-up
- backlog grooming
- planning poker
- weekly process retrospectives
Meetings are all conducted virtually via video conference. Most of our internal communication occurs via Slack.
With the whole team being remote, we try to get together in person somewhere once or twice a year for in-person meetings and team building. We've found that these in-person interactions go a long way towards keeping the team communicating and working together effectively.
AssureSign provides all computer equipment; employee must be able to connect to the internet via high speed internet.
- [YES] Source control
- [YES] One-step build
- [YES] Daily builds
- [YES] Bug database
- [NO] Bugs fixed before writing new code
- [YES] Up-to-date schedule
- [YES] Specs
- [YES] Quiet working conditions
- [YES] Best tools that money can buy
- [YES] Testers
- [YES] Code screening
- [YES] Hallway usability testing
Benefits include medical, dental, and vacation. Participation in a company 401K is available after 1 year of service.