Ashfield Engage has a long-standing partnership with a leading Biotechnology company supporting pediatric patients and their caregivers, across Commercial, Patient Solutions and Medical Affairs businesses.
For the Field, we are seeking a Hybrid, Clinical Educator to deliver educational support to identified pediatric patients, caregivers, Healthcare Professionals and to other office staff within primary care and specialist facilities in the field of a designated disease state to meet all relevant standards as set by the company.
For a Contact Center role, we are seeking a Hybrid, Clinical Educator to deliver in home, virtual or telephonic educational support to identified patients, caregivers, Healthcare Professionals and their staff within primary care, or specialist facilities in the field of a designated disease state to meet all relevant standards as set by the company.
This is your opportunity to join Ashfield Engage and represent a top biotechnology company!
What's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent Benefits - accrued time off, medical, dental, vision, 401k, disability & life insurance, employee discounts/promotions
- Generous performance-driven Incentive Compensation package
- Competitive environment with company wide recognition, contests and coveted awards
- Exceptional company culture
- Recognized as a Top Workplace USA 2021
What will you be doing?
Applies to the Field and Contact Center:
- Provide disease state education, therapy, and / or medical device product education including but not limited to supplemental injection/infusion/inhalation training support or technique.
- To only use approved materials provided by Ashfield or by the client, without changing, copying, or distributing the materials.
- To present in office/home, virtual educational programs to Healthcare Professionals/Patients/Caregivers or other identified customers in accordance with client procedures (Project Specific)
- To maintain excellent quality and superior customer service while adhering to approved program talking points or scripts.
- To leverage Client and Ashfield approved live video conferencing software and utilize client specific websites as applicable.
- To attend and complete all training courses and related competency assessments that Ashfield requires, to an appropriate standard and within a specified timeframe.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key customers.
- To facilitate the development and provision of services across multiple healthcare sectors, as determined by the Client or Ashfield.
- To constantly consider new and innovative approaches that potentially develop new partnership opportunities.
- Complete all required administrative responsibilities in a timely manner. Some of these could include but are not limited to; daily computer updates, weekly summary of activity reports, emails, and time reporting.
- Attend local and national meetings and/or conferences, as required, to keep abreast of plans, activities and developments and to exchange knowledge and experience within the Patient Solutions team
- Maintain all client and Ashfield equipment and materials in accordance with company instructions.
- Comply with all Ashfield Policies and Procedures; program specific SOPs, Policies, Manual, Work Instructions, and/or leadership direction along with all Client Policies and Procedures as required.
- Enrolling patients/caregiver into educational seminars or providing resources to assist them with finding local community resources or centers of care for their specialty or primary care disease as approved by the client.
- Maintain professional registration and/or licensing as required by applicable state laws.
- Position requires RN license.
- Be available and contactable during working hours to answer queries.
Applies to the Field:
- To provide disease state related educational support to identified Healthcare Professionals and to office staff as directed and approved by the Client and Ashfield.
- To present in-person educational programs to patients, caregivers or other identified customers in accordance with client and Ashfield procedures (Program Specific).
- To present client approved educational programs to Healthcare Professionals in accordance with the program scope.
- To possess a full valid US driver's license at all times and to notify the company immediately of any offences or accumulation of penalty point.
Applies to the Contact Center:
- To provide in-bound or outbound non-promotional disease state related educational support to identified customers as directed and approved by the client and Ashfield
- Conducting outbound medication adherence support to patients and or caregivers
- To maintain excellent quality and superior customer service while adhering to program talking points or scripts and leverage live video conferencing software on the web/client specific websites as applicable.
What do you need for this position?
- Qualified HCP with current state license.
- At minimum an associate degree/Bachelors/BSN or work-related experience as approved by the client.
- Preferred minimum of 3 years' experience working in endocrinology, pediatrics, or related field.
- Demonstrate effective and professional communication.
- Ability to present to various groups of people including physicians and other members of the office staff.
- Demonstrable organizational skills
- A self-starter with high personal motivation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with pleasant telephone manner and articulate phone voice
- Competency with Call Center Telephone Technology is preferred but not essential.
- Evidence of continual professional development and a desire to update professional knowledge base regularly.
- Willingness to travel for field role.
About Ashfield Engage
Ashfield Engage, part of UDG Healthcare plc, is a global leader in commercialization services for the healthcare industry. We partner with our clients across Commercial, Patient Solutions, Medical Affairs, Market Access, and Event Experiences to build creative, scalable and tailored health solutions that are executed flawlessly, to deliver positive outcomes for patients.
Our mission is to partner with our clients, improving lives by helping healthcare professionals and patients get the medicines, knowledge and support they need.
To learn more about Ashfield Engage, visit us at: [ Link Removed ]
Ashfield Engage is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Ashfield are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Ashfield will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ashfield Engage is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only qualified candidates will be considered.