Ascella Technologies develops and implements innovative technology solutions to deliver business outcomes and help clients manage risk. Our senior consultants and software engineers bring extensive experience in our clients’ specialized business domains, applications, and technologies. With this experience, Ascella has helped Federal, State, and local government agencies achieve success in their most critical missions. Founded in 2002, Ascella is continuously growing and looking for team members that can help us continue to deliver value-added technology-based solutions.
Ascella’s continued success is a reflection of our passion for people. We hire individuals with valuable experiences, and we strive to place people in roles that let them fully utilized their talents and flourish. We also maintain an entrepreneurial culture in which each person’s contribution makes a visible impact on our company and is recognized accordingly.
What makes Ascella employees greatInnovative Thinkers: From small suggestions to large goals, employee voices are heard and acknowledged. We encourage employees to come up with creative ideas and give everyone the opportunity to help us define how we do things. You will have the opportunity to solve real business problems and be challenged to come up with innovative solutions.
Lifelong learners: We value lifelong learners who are excited about professional development and personal growth. At Ascella, employees are part of a company and a culture that encourages continuous improvement of both the organization and our employees. You will work in a collaborative environment with an experienced, highly capable team that learns from each other, and you will be both challenged and supported in your efforts to learn and grow.
Customer-Centric: Ascella is committed to complete customer satisfaction on every project. Our employees provide our customers with excellent service, proactively coming up with solutions to current and anticipated needs. The customer experience is an integral part of our mission and values, and you will work alongside people who are focused and dedicated to the commitment of customer satisfaction.
Open Communicators: Transparency and communication are important to us at Ascella. We have an “open door” policy, and our employees ask questions and share information on a regular basis. We believe in aligning employee work with overall company objectives and being open about our strategic plan and what we are trying to achieve. We encourage regular feedback and appreciate employee input on what’s working and what’s not so we can initiate discussions about how to improve our processes.
Inclusive: At Ascella, we encourage and embrace diversity in our workforce. We are committed to being an inclusive organization where all employees feel valued, respected, and engaged. Our employees have an array of talents, ideas, and experiences that help foster creativity and innovation and drive our success.
We have an immediate need for a Full-Stack Developer to build/support a mission-critical financial application for our federal client. This person would be working with cutting edge frameworks and tools and work side-by-side with other highly skilled technologists. If you have great technical and communication skills, we encourage you to submit your resume today.
What you will be doing
- Building a financial application that integrates with the client’s core financial systems
- Developing modern front-end web pages with ReactJS
- Building a robust back-end using NodeJS
- Writing complex SQL queries to extract and process business data as part of web service development
What you need to be considered for this role (required)
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Business Administration
- 4+ years of professional experience (advanced degree could substitute for some experience)
- Prior UI experience with React JS or advanced Angular
- Extensive backend experience with fluency in NodeJS
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases, preferably MS SQL Server
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship (and willingness to undergo a background investigation)
What makes you stand out from the crowd (desired)
- Ability to interact successfully with clients/stakeholders
- Prior experience leading a small development team
- Experience with unit testing frameworks with Mocha, Jest, and Enzyme
- Ability to create technical documentation